Home

Knowing that there is no franchise...

This is a discussion on Knowing that there is no franchise... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If 2K sports knew that there wasn't going to be a franchise mode should they have...
Not come out with a game at all 102 34.69%
Continue and do what they are doing and release the game 192 65.31%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Knowing that there is no franchise...

Well, I'm okay with them leaving the franchise game out in favor of gameplay, graphics, and AI logic.

As for MLB2K7, Brinkman already said that most of their effort this year were mainly on focus with the gameplay. We basically knew that franchise would be left alone in favor of refined gameplay. Afterall, the whole game needed fixed, from graphics, gameplay, to stats and franchise logic. With the updated Brinkman interview, he basically had a focus on fielding mechanics and franchise. How many people do you think would have been happy if the game resembled 2K6 gameplay and graphics? Not much. Good things take time, and at least they offered a game that can represent baseball, and that comes first anyday,

As for All Pro, well...after seeing how many people who continue to complain about MLB's flawed franchise mode, why would we want to go through the same thing again? Seriously, this is a fictional league, and I'm sure the franchise logic would need an entirely new code. Especially since there is a new attribute system and apparently a slew of new customization options. We knew 2K5's franchise mode was flawed, so since they already had a flawed logic in a real game, imagine the time it may take when the entire package is new. I rather their focus to go to gameplay first, afterall, that's where most of the game time is anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertBS
I'm not mad and i am calm.
Furthermore unless i'm mistaken that is a 76ers logo, not an AI pic of which i was big fan and a part of me would have liked for him to have ended his career here but guess what? I was hoping he'd be traded since midway through last season and was more than expecting it to happen this year and it did.

Once again i implore not to try and act like you know what i think about a situation because you are clueless.

You should be more concerned about your horrible Giants that can't even with a Division title, when the Eagles have a subpar year and lose their starting QB, their most effective Pass rusher, which as it turns out made their whole D function the way it's supposed to.
Dude chill, LMAO, your anger is reeking through the screen. LOL, remember it's just a game man. Don't take it so personal, no need to call people clueless and what not. Wow. This is too funny. And that rambling statement about the Giants , calm down and compose your thoughts buddy. You have to be blind to see that Garcia was the man last year and really played extremely well. He was able to beat anyone at anytime last season. He was just that much in the zone.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #107
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
LOL @ people saying to not release the game
Old 05-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 1

I will be real, i loved nfl 2k5 and i loved the franchise mode. i can remember me and my boys watching the sportcenter shows and then the off season shows, it was incredible. I always hated franchises in other games cause they got old quick and there wasnt enough focus on presentation. For a moment i thought 2k was on a good path dont get me wrong i still love 2k i play college hoops 2k7 religously, but hearing there is no franchise mode did strike a blow to me. I thought there would be a great franchise mode where i would have better presentation than 2k5 (not saying 2k5 was not good at presentation but i thought they would just keep improving on a great game already) and tons of other attractive features. I will still buy the game but i do miss the off season in nfl 2k5 watching mel kiper and trey wingo tell me about those sleepers in the draft. oh well thats life.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 3
Talking Re: Knowing that there is no franchise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Dude chill, LMAO, your anger is reeking through the screen. LOL, remember it's just a game man. Don't take it so personal, no need to call people clueless and what not. Wow. This is too funny. And that rambling statement about the Giants , calm down and compose your thoughts buddy. You have to be blind to see that Garcia was the man last year and really played extremely well. He was able to beat anyone at anytime last season. He was just that much in the zone.
You're the one who first rambled off about something not even concerning this topic, when you said i missed Iverson like it would hurt me or something.

Also McNabb is the best QB on the team and i'm not an idiot who would pick Garcia over him, at the same time i gave him credit for what he accomplished and i'm not blind to that fact but again your rambling on about Garcia being the man and then tried to say i was blind to it, like i brought him up and badmouthed him in any way......

Btw don't bother responding as i'm ignoring you.

Last edited by InsertBS; 05-03-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:44 PM   #110
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Why don't they play those text based sims. I remember they use to be one for football. I think console sport games will always focus on game play over simming 30 seasons.

I highly doubt that consoles will stop focusing on franchises. They haven't thus far. Suggesting that we play text based sim games as an alternative is pretty funny though. Like some have said, tK seems to have made a decision for this year, but I doubt the trend will continue.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »