Home

How important is franchise mode?

This is a discussion on How important is franchise mode? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you play most?
Exhibition against CPU 29 5.66%
Exhibition with friends offline 18 3.52%
Online 51 9.96%
Franchise 414 80.86%
Voters: 512. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: How important is franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
I wonder....if a month ago...some of these people here would have dreamed that they would ever convince themselves of the need to be posting and lecturing others about how UNIMPORTANT Franchise play is to a video football game?

Tell me how whacked that is???
True, when EA did it with their next gen games I blazed EA. VC was stupid to give a gimp preview to GI and even more stupid to take out franchise. I still rather online leagues over franchise but why can't we have both. What about online franchise modes...naw.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt75
So you think that a franchise mode is an uneccessary mode in a sports game?
Not sure if you're asking me specifically. Anyway, for me, the answer is that I think it's unnecessary. I've never played Franchise mode, and probably never will. I'd prefer game developers spend their time improving gameplay - and in 2K's case, fixing the chronic bugs, glitches and programming issues that plague their games. Give me a sports series with gameplay that improves each year, no bugs, and a single season mode, and I'd be happy. But all this other crap they add such as Cribs and Challenge mode or what have you, is tripe.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Not sure if you're asking me specifically. Anyway, for me, the answer is that I think it's unnecessary. I've never played Franchise mode, and probably never will. I'd prefer game developers spend their time improving gameplay - and in 2K's case, fixing the chronic bugs, glitches and programming issues that plague their games. Give me a sports series with gameplay that improves each year, no bugs, and a single season mode, and I'd be happy. But all this other crap they add such as Cribs and Challenge mode or what have you, is tripe.
This may be true for you but there is a strong group of gamers who play football games for the franchise mode.

I put Down 2k5 and played madden 05 becuase 2k5s franchise mode sucked. I put down Madden 07 for the 360 and bought madden for the PS2 becuase 07s franchise mode sucked.

And i will not buy madden or 2K next year without seeing first how good thier franchise modes are.

Then again most of 2ks fans where never big franchise players which they must know, cuase otherwise they would have had a decent franchise years ago.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 1

In every sports game , franchise is pathetic to me .....

Exhibition vs the CPU FTW!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
This may be true for you but there is a strong group of gamers who play football games for the franchise mode.
Understood. But franchise has nothing to do with gameplay, and I buy games to play them. The other thing is that game developers are constantly adding and removing modes and features. Look at 2K baseball this year: they removed two features that are standard in all baseball games - zone hitting and classic pitching. Many people still bought the game and enjoy it. I didn't because I think those features are important. But at the same time, I understand that's the way it goes in the world of game development.

In other words, to say this or that feature or mode is standard in games or is necessary, isn't really all that true. People get used to certain features, is all. In the end, if the gameplay is incredible, people are going to buy APF, and will adjust to the fact that it doesn't/might not have franchise mode.

Last edited by baa7; 04-21-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #62
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
VC was stupid to give a gimp preview to GI and even more stupid to take out franchise.
Actually, I think the preview may have been a good move. If infact it is true that the game will have limited editing and no franchise (as many seem to be taking from the article), then there really is no good time to spring this news.

Would you rather be amped up until release and find this out on the impressions thread one day before you are about to buy the game? While the article was a bit disappointing, by finding out now, people have time to rant on message boards, then recover and then adjust expectations before the game actually comes out.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
if the gameplay is incredible, people are going to buy APF, and will adjust to the fact that it doesn't/might not have franchise mode.
I don't find that to be true. If there's no replayability, a lot of people don't want to drop 60 bucks on a game.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #64
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Couldn't care less about franchise. Nice to see a game that's focusing on revolutionary gameplay, instead of unnecessary modes, features and additions.
There are a lot of people who don't find franchise mode unnecessary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »