Home

How will you guys build your team in AP2K8?

This is a discussion on How will you guys build your team in AP2K8? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
How will you guys build your team in AP2K8?

It's been confirmed that you will be able to build your team in AP2K8. I was just a little interested to see how different guys at OS plan on building their squad. For example will you select a franchise QB from the pool or start by addressing your D first?

I'll start by building my team from the inside out. I'm a defensive minded guy so, my initial moves would go in the following order something like this.....

-select a high rated DT from the pool
-select a nice LB
-select a Left Tackle
-the first skilled position I would select would probably be a RB

Where would you start building your team offense or defense, and what positions would be addressed first?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: How will you guys build your team in AP2K8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
It's been confirmed that you will be able to build your team in AP2K8. I was just a little interested to see how different guys at OS plan on building their squad. For example will you select a franchise QB from the pool or start by addressing your D first?

I'll start by building my team from the inside out. I'm a defensive minded guy so, my initial moves would go in the following order something like this.....

-select a high rated DT from the pool
-select a nice LB
-select a Left Tackle
-the first skilled position I would select would probably be a RB

Where would you start building your team offense or defense, and what positions would be addressed first?
I'd start in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I'd like to have a monstrous o line and a couple decent situational RBs- a big bruising back and a smaller scat back. The thing I've missed most about 2k football is the running game, so I can't wait to make my ground orriented team.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Same here, I always love a team with a monster line and a two running back tandem. Then from there the passing game can flow more easily even if it isnt top notch. Then a speedy defense will finish it up. Im excited for this game.

I think everyone is over reacting about franchise, there will prolly just be a single season mode or something similar.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Same here, I always love a team with a monster line and a two running back tandem. Then from there the passing game can flow more easily even if it isnt top notch. Then a speedy defense will finish it up. Im excited for this game.

I think everyone is over reacting about franchise, there will prolly just be a single season mode or something similar.

I am still excited about the game, but you don't build a team in a season. Building is the fundamental part of franchise.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
Banned

Blackvivaldi's Arena

OVR: 1

My strategy is usually pass pass pass...I love to have a TE like gonzalez, FB wilth the ability to block and catch and a strong safety will killer speed...I like to run the ball sometimes but am more of an airshow type of guy...Will be very interesting to see strategies unfold online later this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

If it's possible, I'd love to build an good old fashioned Mouse Davis type of run n' shoot offense.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

West Coast all the way

Smart, accurate passer and a big running game.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
If it's possible, I'd love to build an good old fashioned Mouse Davis type of run n' shoot offense.
Very nice. 1984 Houston Gamblers. Run n Shoot style offense that featured the Choice Route

That's another thing, I hope they added alot more pass concepts this go around like

Choice
NCAA
Texas
Multiple Smash (staple of the Colts offense)
Flood
Mesh
Mesh Curl
ect

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »