Home

I will prob not purchase this game.

This is a discussion on I will prob not purchase this game. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: I will prob not purchase this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I agree w/ this post...

I was actually looking forward to not having any preconcived ideas about players, stats and teams performaces...

But the inability to play 'chise and the insane price tag make this a 'rent' and possible buy in the future if the gameplay is steller and the 'chise mode is put in...
Nobody on this board has played one down of the game yet it's already determined that the price tag is insane. This kills me. You want to at least see a review of the game before we start shouting that the game isn't worth as much as Star Trek Legacy or Madden 06 or Madden 07 or.. well the list goes on.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgan
you guys are missing the point. this will be a FOOTBAll game not a "I want to play donovan mcnabb" game. if you love football you'll love this game. if you want to simulate the nfl look somehwere else, especially since the nfl today is the most boring sport around. I ma glad they are going generic; generic is actually more exciting then what we see in the nfl.
The nfl is the most boring sport? What planet are you from? Anyway Im gonna more than likely rent it, and if I like it get it when it goes on sell. I just picked up Blitz for $19 and Im satisfied with it for that price. Im sure that I'll feel the same about this game.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #75
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Sorry TJ....I hope this is the right post for this thread

I was just curious for those complaining about APF2k8 for whatever your reasoning is, mostly noting that you can't recreate the nfl or player with this game.

If this game were released on let say the football offseason or towards the end of the nfl season, Would you still feel with what little you know now about APF the same way calling this game a no buy or a rent? I was just curious of your thoughts on this.

As I was defending APF and wondering why alot of people aren't happy with lack of franchise or the lack of NFL edits of players and name, Would your mind change if they didn't go head to head with Madden. To me Madden next gen hasn't given me any excitment whatsoever I am thrilled of the fact that APF 2k is giving us another game even if it's generic. It's a breathe of fresh air knowing that there are no expectations of making sure LT runs for 2000 yard like he normally would. And I don't have to know anything about APF and I know this game will give us great gameplay,presentations, animations, and most of all a FUN game. I was wrong about calling out the complainers because I am a gamer that just wants gameplay and fun...I would rarely go through a franchise. I am mostly a season player. But there are hardcore who want full customization and franchise options that if I did this I would be compaining as well. All I know is the next few months will be a rollercoaster LOL... I love what 2k5 brought to the table. The only thing that would make me mad about this game is if it would be focused on soley online play. I'm not huge on that. Time will tell alot with this game but if it's mainly focused on gameplay and presentation I will be in pigskin heaven.
TIm is online now Report Post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #76
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm

As I was defending APF and wondering why alot of people aren't happy with lack of franchise or the lack of NFL edits of players and name, Would your mind change if they didn't go head to head with Madden.

Everyone is looking for something different in their football gaming experience, those of you who don't play franchise will probably never understand how important it is to those of us who do.

I enjoy being a 'virtual GM/coach' so much that if NFL Head Coach was even a remotely decent game I wouldn't even buy Madden.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 11

[quote=luv_mist;3072726]Pre-mature posting before real info is released about the game. Whatever happened to the OS way where we look to each other for solid reviews and insight on these games? Impressions and things like that seem to be the most sensible. Every year, games (whether good or bad) are hyped up to be something. I just say that you guys need to wait and see before you go flapping the gums.

QUOTE]

Umm.. I think Gameinformer magazine's article which came from thier conversations with the people over at 2k Sports that there will be NO season and NO franchise pretty much sums up that there will be NO season and NO franchise. If 2k sports is already saying that in an article, why would someone need to wait to buy it if those two modes are whats most important to them? Should they buy it anyways just incase the people at 2k Sports was lying to Gameinformer? Or maybe there is an unlockable easter egg in the game that will give you franchise mode and season mode?

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 12

[quote=blackceasar;3074495]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Umm.. I think Gameinformer magazine's article which came from thier conversations with the people over at 2k Sports that there will be NO season
are you sure about this?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm getting this game regardless of what it has or don't has because i know the gameplay and presentation with be there.......that's all that matters.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #80
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

The game should have been mad with Winning Eleven in mind where people could share option files to create the game they want. So for instance if you what to play CFL football with field sizes, rules and rosters they should have the freedom to do so. A generic sports game was acceptable back in in the 80's such as Baseball Stars and games like it but authenticity is what people want today as that is what immerses you into the game. Just look at the Winning Eleven series and how people are customizing that game with their option files because if that game was all generics and you could not customize things I don't think it would be as successful as it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »