Home

I will prob not purchase this game.

This is a discussion on I will prob not purchase this game. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #9
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I will prob not purchase this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bringer
As an avid 2k5 player,I loved the aspect of being able to edit my team,players and having fun with Finn's Editor.

That being said,I just cannot keep myself interested in GENERIC players,teams no matter how Great(if even) the gameplay maybe.

If only thay gave us options(which in the first place)IMO really made 2k5 shine and made it a legend of a football game,then maybe this new game would be a great one.

But I just cannot see 85% of the 2k5 players holding this one just as high regards due to the lack of options in editing and simming of the NFL.

I had my hopes up that maybe we get a winning eleven type Football game,that we can work around(although not perfect but still good enough) that along with an upgraded 2k5 engine would of been cake for most of us.

I will rent the game,but there is no way I will shell out top doller for a stripped down,no option generic FB game.

I don't care how much I hate EA Madden or how much I want to play a new 2k FB game.

That's just my honest opnion.

That's your opinion and that's fine. No one at this point knows how the game will play or what the game is. But to say you aren't buying this game before you get actual info about it is just insane. I'm just baffled how people at this point can make a decision this early. I am a huge 2k fan and will most likely buy this game. But as with Madden at this point I won't commit to anything until I get good solid info. Why doesn't everyone take a deep breathe and wait to hear what this game has to offer before flying of the handle..
Old 04-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #10
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4

I just like good games, whether football or basketball, ea or 2k. It looks like madden will get my money this year though!! I was going to buy it anyway, but i was also going to buy apf, but madden will be my only fb purchase this year. i just think madden has more to offer to me, as far as what i like to do with a football game(drafting, exporting real ncaa players, playing with real nfl players)!! i have no doubt that 2k will be good, it just wont give me the football fix that i want!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

This game will be innovative and fun. At first I didn't like the idea entirely, but the more I think about it, the more it grows on me.

I was disappointed about franchise also, but there will most likely be something like a single season mode, or something similar. If they didn't spend all that time on a franchise, who knows what they cooked up.

Shut up and play. And you'll be pleasantly surprised.

When has 2k let us down? When?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlover
anyone stop to think that because there is an exclusive license that allowing us to rename the players and change the teams would open 2k up to lawsuits from not only EA, but the NFL and NFLPA? as bad of a taste it would leave in my mouth.. i would probably buy it.. especially if it plays better and looks better than madden..

view it as a contribution to show the NFL that competition, and not exclusive deals are the way to go!!

but i do understand your pov...
Well that doesn't make sense... why hasn't the NCAA sued EA for March Madness or NCAA Football for being able to change the names, or sue TT already for College Hoops, because you can change teams, floors, names...

That doesn't seem to hold up, unless there's a fundamental difference between NCAA and the NFL that I'm not realizing.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 04-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I was on the fence about it to. But the GI article really has me pumped for the game. Nice thing about generic players, is I don't have to worry about Joe Blow, getting too many yards, or Fred Smith not getting enough sacks. I can just play the game.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee

When has 2k let us down? When?

When?
MLB2k6
All of the little dynasty problems and freezes in the CH Hoops game a few years ago.
Franchise mode in NFL2k5.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Well they can't be perfect, everyone knows their games are of much more quality than EA games, and people may have little gripes with them, but in the end they are always better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

i don't think VC does the baseball games so they really shouldn't be grouped in. Without being perfect (no game is perfect... definitely no sports game) I think the real issues have been around the franchise modes... go figure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »