Home

I will prob not purchase this game.

This is a discussion on I will prob not purchase this game. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: I will prob not purchase this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
i don't think VC does the baseball games so they really shouldn't be grouped in. Without being perfect (no game is perfect... definitely no sports game) I think the real issues have been around the franchise modes... go figure.
Franchise mode. Some suspect DB AI. Some suspect online league, and online performance and stability.

Guy asked when has VC ever let us down. Plenty of times, just like any other game developer. People seem to have revisionist history when it comes to 2k sports games.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #18
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Franchise mode. Some suspect DB AI. Some suspect online league, and online performance and stability.

Guy asked when has VC ever let us down. Plenty of times, just like any other game developer. People seem to have revisionist history when it comes to 2k sports games.
Tru dat! But in all fairness, I love the spirit of innovation/dedication to achieving realism that VC/2k/Kush have brought as opposed to the safe approach that EA seems to favor.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 04-19-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

The DB AI thing I put in the category of the game wasn't perfect. I wasn't let down by it. I actually played pretty good defense despite the issue there, but my experience aside I thought it was far from a game killer.

I don't think it's fair to put anything about playing online into a let down category or anything else there isn't anything better to compare it to. If there's nothing better out there then what we have is the best available. I remember playing madden's 2d sprites back in the day thinking about how great it'd be when things moved to 3d. Until someone shows otherwise, it's the best the online experience can be. It's light years ahead of dialup on the DC.

The franchise modes have been shaky though. This is the area where EA has always done better and not even talking about Owners mode which I think was more gimmicky than anything.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The DB AI thing I put in the category of the game wasn't perfect. I wasn't let down by it. I actually played pretty good defense despite the issue there, but my experience aside I thought it was far from a game killer.

I don't think it's fair to put anything about playing online into a let down category or anything else there isn't anything better to compare it to. If there's nothing better out there then what we have is the best available. I remember playing madden's 2d sprites back in the day thinking about how great it'd be when things moved to 3d. Until someone shows otherwise, it's the best the online experience can be. It's light years ahead of dialup on the DC.

The franchise modes have been shaky though. This is the area where EA has always done better and not even talking about Owners mode which I think was more gimmicky than anything.
Come on now Wwharton. Madden was certainly more stable online. I didn't have the up and down performance with Madden online either.

DB AI was shaky at best. Cover 3 was for example was flat out broken if you put a WR in to the slot.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Tru dat! But in all fairness, I love the spirit of innovation/dedication to achieving realism that VC/2k/Kush have brought as opposed to the safe approach that EA seems to favor.
No doubt about it. On the field I prefer NFL 2k series to Madden, six ways to Sunday. Point was, VC and 2k football games are not quite as flawless as some would lead you to believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #22
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Well before I pass judgement on this game, I'm going to at least see some video and other screens and not let the first info from GI influence me.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Come on now Wwharton. Madden was certainly more stable online. I didn't have the up and down performance with Madden online either.

DB AI was shaky at best. Cover 3 was for example was flat out broken if you put a WR in to the slot.
I've gotta disagree with you there man. Are you only talking on the 360 b/c I have no knowledge of that. I had all sorts of trouble with my online madden league on the xbox though. And I've also had crazy dirty disc errors with madden in the past, again talking about xbox.

Even on the 360 EA has made it pretty clear they aren't focusing on online gaming and as far as I know, there is no league structure at all. If we're talking 2k5 then stability and league play in general was much better than Madden's set up... I don't think it's all that fair to talk about non-VC games like MLB but even still, having the option to play in a league at all would have to count for something if we're talking about online play.

As for DB AI, in terms of realistic NFL play for some of the designed plays, you're right... shaky at best. You had to figure out how to work around it but this is also no different than Madden. You pick plays and make adjustments to make that area of the game work. Not making excuses for it... the game wasn't perfect. But it wasn't a game killer any more than any madden flaws are game killers. It's just a matter of which game you're more comfortable with and therefore which game you're more willing to figure out the in game fixes for.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

The irony of this is that some of the same people that begged Take Two to make a generic football game, in fact, any football game even if it did not have the features they most wanted are now giving up on the game because it does not have the features they want. It seems these days that quality takes a back seat to style and logos and names. This is why there are so few generic sports games. You people truely deserve the low quality EA sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »