Home

All that have turn their back on 2k need to stop being wussies!

This is a discussion on All that have turn their back on 2k need to stop being wussies! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:43 AM   #9
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: All that have turn their back on 2k need to stop being wussies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
EA has ruined the football gaming community by monopolizing it! Even with the Exclusive rights to the NFL, NCAA and other licenses, they have failed to take full advantage of having the exclusive rights. The NFL Coach game was terrible. Madden and NCAA are average at best. No competition allows EA to damn near say to us, " we don't give a s h i t what you want, you have no other choice! deal with it, or die!
Wow.. I think someone went a tad bit overboard.

While the exclusive license as predicted has been horrible for the consumer. It's hardly just EA's doing.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:46 AM   #10
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
EA has ruined the football gaming community by monopolizing it! Even with the Exclusive rights to the NFL, NCAA and other licenses, they have failed to take full advantage of having the exclusive rights. The NFL Coach game was terrible. Madden and NCAA are average at best. No competition allows EA to damn near say to us, " we don't give a s h i t what you want, you have no other choice! deal with it, or die!
LOL. Funny. You're last statement made me think of "Shut up and play the game..."

It really did. I'm not taking a shot at Jeff Thomas, I'm just saying. But I agree. I feel that is exactly what EA did. They took NFL, NCAA, AND Arena away so that now, they can do what they want when they want and people will still buy the product. Now forget whether or not that's true or if the games are any good. When you have THAT much power and control, the motivation to improve and innovate because secondary and I have a HUGE problem with that. The motivation because money from that point on. Plain and simple. Now, I know a handful of guys on the Madden team and they are certainly motivated people. But they don't have the power. So, it's basically wasted.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:51 AM   #11
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Wow.. I think someone went a tad bit overboard.

While the exclusive license as predicted has been horrible for the consumer. It's hardly just EA's doing.
Absolutely. The NFL has a history of LOVING exclusivity. Look at shoes and apparel. Look at the DirecTV deal (HORRIBLE btw!). Now this. The problem here is that this deal is bad for this industry. The room for growth in the video games industry is VERY limited and neither of those two companies want to look at history and admit it. Even if Head Coach wasn't turd, it wasn't going to do much for the sector.

The biggest problem is that any growth the industry would have seen would have been natural and just as strong with or without the deal. Now, using myself as an example, the industry is taking a hit overall.

But, yeah, the NFL is culprit 1a...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2007, 01:54 AM   #12
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Absolutely. The NFL has a history of LOVING exclusivity. Look at shoes and apparel. Look at the DirecTV deal (HORRIBLE btw!). Now this. The problem here is that this deal is bad for this industry. The room for growth in the video games industry is VERY limited and neither of those two companies want to look at history and admit it. Even if Head Coach wasn't turd, it wasn't going to do much for the sector.

The biggest problem is that any growth the industry would have seen would have been natural and just as strong with or without the deal. Now, using myself as an example, the industry is taking a hit overall.

But, yeah, the NFL is culprit 1a...
No doubt about it. The NFL's love of exclusive deals, whether it's apparel, TV deals, video games, etc, is not great for the consumer and somewhat shortsighted, imo.

This deal is example 1A of that imo. DirecTV deal being 1B.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:53 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You are right. You don't owe them anything. Not one dime. In the end, they HAVE to be like any other company because companies can't stay in business if they don't make money. Using that line to imply they are just grubbing for money is wrong. There's no way this title is going to make any money. No way. That's just my opinion - I can't see the future - but I think it would take a lot for a next gen title turn a profit with what goes into development nowadays. Then they have to face off versus EA directly. Do you really think they are going to make money here? Even if every fan on this board bought a copy, do you think that would be enough? Please.
I don't know if they'll make money on it or not, but they most likely think they will, or they wouldn't be releasing a game. And if they don't think this game will make money, then they are releasing it because they think putting a game out now could help them make money in the future. They aren't doing it as a big favor to all the fans out there.

And again, I'm not saying there's anythign wrong with that. That is what a business does. I'm just saying we shouldn't just be thankful they are putting out a game. It needs to be something that is really worth the money for me to buy it.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:30 AM   #14
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm the true fan! You're nothing but a fake!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:55 AM   #15
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I disagree with the statements that this game will not make any money. For starters they DO NOT have the biggest expense for any sports game. LICENSING FEES. Really they have to pay the developers, the voice actors, the mo-cap guys (if they even still do that) and have an advertising campaign, And their normal payroll. If they sold as much as they sold with ESPN 2k5, they will make HUGE PROFITS. they dont need to sell that much to turn a profit, just more than what they spend in production, which aint gonna be much. Now this game could bomb big time and sell nothing and then of course they dont turn any profit, but to say they cant possibly make any money with this game is a completely ridiculous statement. I am not saying its guaranteed, but definately a whole hell of a lot closer to the realm of possibility than you may think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Nothing good can come of this thread. We're trying to avoid the flame wars as much as possible, and threads like this doesn't help the cause. Locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »