Home

I get to play this game in one week

This is a discussion on I get to play this game in one week within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #25
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I get to play this game in one week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
Before I go any further I want to get a few things clear. First off, hopefully a mod can verify me as a legimate source. When Madden was about to come out for the 360 (the FIRST Madden for the 360) I had a chance to play it and a mod here was able to verify my honesty by us both PMing each other. I was able to prove this and if need be I can do it again.

I own an ad agency and do work for a very large theme park. This theme park gets involved with video game companies all the time now since video games have pretty much hurt parks attendance over the last several years (along with DVD's, as home theatres have hurt REAL theatres attendances) and they feel the need to have systems in their parks to attract the young crowds. I personally think this is weak and actually doesnt work but I just do what i'm told : ) After all, I make a real good living off of this one client alone ( I do have others) so I just keep my mouth shut (most of the time) and play along.

An example is one park now has a Nintendo Wii "section" where you can check out the Wii. I worked closely with Nintendo on this. I also did a huge promo last year for Gears of War for one park that had a contest where the winners got to play GOW before it was released as well as attend a Megadeth concert. I worked with Microsoft, Epic and the park on this campaign and was responsible for the design on all of the pieces (posters, coupons, etc. Epic provided me with logos, Photoshop files, etc.) so at times I get exclusive info before the public does since campaigns alway have to start WAY in advance for obvious reasons (printing, distribution)

When I got to play Madden I had to sign a NDA from EA just as I had to sign a contract with Epic and Nintendo on their projects agreeing that I would destroy ALL logos and materials after the projects were complete.

So, hopefully you guys/gals will believe me when I say that in one week I actually get to PLAY this game!! Not only that, but i'll have at LEAST 3-4 hours with it because the folks that are bringing the game will be in a meeting that will take most of the day and I won't be involved meaning I have a LONG time to play it. This came directly from the VP of marketing of the park.

BTW, it'll be on the 360. I have not been asked (yet) to sign any NDA but I know I will be. However, I plan on asking if it is okay to "talk" about it with my friends. I know you might be thinking "Then what the heck is the NDA for?" but when I played Madden, the woman from EA said it was "okay" to tell my friends how *awesome(?)* the game is going to be but just wanted me to not take any pics ( I also do a lot of the parks photography and brought one of my cameras LOL!) so i'll see if I can discuss it. I have had to sign about 10 NDAs since starting my company and I always got the feeling that it is okay to talk about what I am doing as long as I don't take photos or bash the product LOL! I mean, it depends on what it is. Once I was just asked to mention the promo until it went to press so...

Next Friday i'll chime in with my experience if it is cool with the mods. Like I said, hopefully the mod that I talked with about Madden can vouch for me. I looked in my inbox to see if they were still there but I must have dumped them. If need be I can find a way to verify my story with a mod thru PM.

then again, nobody may really give a crap LOL!

Man, I cannot WAIT!! For what it is worth, I really dont care much for Madden and was VERY sad when the news came down about the exclusive license deal so I am VERY excited to be able to play this game!!

If this is not cool mods, then I won't be upset if you lock this. And, if anyone else is interested in my experience, just send me a PM and i'll let you know where I post my thoughts, feelings, vibes on this game : )
Dave, is that you?

Maybe not, but I'll bet your client's initials are SF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
What bothers me is that they have a playable version of this game but GI just did an article on the game with sketches for the stadiums and players that looked worse than NFL 2K5.

How much progress have they made on this game?
I thought the gist of the GI article was how 2K thought about the process of creating a non-NFL game. It made sense to show sketches of stadiums, along with more completed ones with the Hanger and Rhino stadiums.

Who knows how old those screenshots really were? I'd bet January or bit earlier, which means 2K has had a few months to get it into playable form.

It also tells me that we should see APF sooner, rather than later. Playable version in late April? Then a June release seems possible, maybe early July.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:54 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

I can't wait for your feedback on this game, i really want this game to be good. I still play 2k5!!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:24 PM   #28
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm telling you if you are allowed to say anything you are going to have people from 2k boards, xbox.com forums, teamxbox, and a host of other places coming over. Now there is nothing wrong with people coming over, the problem is going to be you will be bombarded and it will feel like a job. And if you say anything that someone just cannot believe then you know what's going to happen. It'll be badboy all over again. "He's lying, he didn't play it." Save yourself!!!!!

Btw, you know guys are going to ask you to compare it to madden, I wouldn't answer it.
Boy dont i know it ....save yourself!!! lol. Actually think VERY carefully what you say and how people might react to your OPINION. If it doesnt coincide with what someone wants to hear ....trust me ...you will be attacked lol.

If i got the reaction i did just from an article ...man i dont even want to think whats going to happen with this hehe. Anyway its great to hear someone will actually get to try this game out and see how it is at this stage. looking foward to it
Old 04-21-2007, 12:09 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

**Grabs popcorn**.........
Old 04-21-2007, 03:49 AM   #30
Banned

Blackvivaldi's Arena

OVR: 1

i will go ahead and say you are full of sh.yt...You seem to be trying too hard with your Nintendo and EA references... , keep drinking the coolade
Old 04-21-2007, 04:36 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruPlaya
Please dont mention glitches.

Please.
You wouldn't want to know what glitches are in the game? Heck, I wish I knew that the CPU only drafted QBs, RBs, Ts, and DEs in the first round on 2k5 before I got the game...that way I wouldn't have been as dissapointed when my draft picks came out odd after my first year of franchise. I wish I had known Madden had a major fatigue bug before I tried it, so I could have totally avoided it. I think knowing if there are any serious problems with the game is important...at least it is to me. I don't like spending money and then feeling I got a partially finished product...
Old 04-21-2007, 06:04 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 17

I'm suprised there are no posts like this...

Can you tell us the ratings for the 3rd RB back on the Lions. Oh and if you have the time, maybe the 2nd string LOLB for the Colts. Thanks.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »