Home

Lets be honest: With what has been said in GI, this game has to be $19.99

This is a discussion on Lets be honest: With what has been said in GI, this game has to be $19.99 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you think?
I agree, $19.99 has to be the price 5 23.81%
$29.99 will be the price and that's too much to be honest. 2 9.52%
Man your a loser, I'll pay $100 for this game because 2k rules and Madden sucks 2 9.52%
$59.99 will be the price, will I purchase it, I don't know. 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Lets be honest: With what has been said in GI, this game has to be $19.99

I'm basing this ENTIRELY on conjecture and what little has been said so far. I'm still hoping that the game will something equal to or better than what we call a Franchise Mode, and that there will be some customization ability that they haven't talked about yet.

Assuming that there isn't a franchise mode, and that there isn't customization, one probably assumes 2K is focusing on online play. To me, that lowers the value of the game to nearly nothing. It wouldn't even be a rental for me at that point, since I have no interest in online play (I find the number of cheesy, juvenile players ruin the experience overall).

There's a difference, though between what I would pay for it, and what they're gonna charge. There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that $59.99 is gonna be the price of the item. If anything, it'll be more, but $59.99 is the lowest they're gonna go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #26
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcrossman1
that was a game made in 95 and 96, It's 2007 and 2k is gonna come out with this weak stuff which would compete with a game made in 1995.
I know what game that was, but how is that relevant? UR 95 and 96 are two of the worst football games ever made.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 PM   #27
Banned

motorcrossman1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I know what game that was, but how is that relevant? UR 95 and 96 are two of the worst football games ever made.
It wasn't the worst, have you played Jimmy Johnson VR football on PSX
Old 04-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #28
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
No franchise, that's all I needed to hear coming from a game that doesn't even have real players and teams.
How does that make the game less deep, especially since you have no idea how it's going to play?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #29
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I've haven't played a generic sport game since some baseball game in 97 on PSX. I think that game was exspenvise becuase of the total price for PSX games at the time. That game was strong for the time, this game is extremely weak for this time.
So what inside information do you have on the game to proclaim that it's "weak"?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
It wasn't the worst, have you played Jimmy Johnson VR football on PSX
Didn't say the worst, said one of the worst. And it wasn't that deep, because all that extra stuff they touted either didn't work or was deeply flawed logic wise. Comparing UR series to APF is ridiculous.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:12 PM   #31
Banned

motorcrossman1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Didn't say the worst, said one of the worst. And it wasn't that deep, because all that extra stuff they touted either didn't work or was deeply flawed logic wise. Comparing UR series to APF is ridiculous.
smh, well it was 1995 and I just remember reading about it in a PC mag from back then, I owned NFL 95 at that time. I wasn't comparing, I was showing a game from 12 years ago was deeper then a game today, and I could have used that game Sierra made as well 'Front Page Football'

I did own the 95' version and I liked it, I guess we agree to disagree on that one.

Last edited by motorcrossman1; 04-21-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2007, 05:13 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
on a side note Bk, your post does lend itself to make a strong point for cuting some aspects of a game ( thast are seriously flawed and require lots of focus) coming up to release date to focus on other things. even though we would all love to have it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »