Home

APF 2K8: Name Your Price

This is a discussion on APF 2K8: Name Your Price within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
APF 2K8: Name Your Price

Now that we have some details on the game, including the lack of a Franchise feature, and some idea of what the early graphics are like, what price are YOU willing to pay?

I've seen quite a few complain about paying a premium price ($60) for a game without a Franchise mode, so what would they pay?

I'm thinking 2K prices it at no more than $49.99, and maybe $39.99. In some ways a lower price also lowers expectations for a game. People will complain less since they paid less, some people anyway.

Now, as a hardcore 2K football fan, I'll pay $60 if need be, but I know I could promote this game with friends and others easier if it was $40 instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: APF 2K8: Name Your Price

I'll Pay $60 without even thinking twice about it. It might not be the NFL but it is 2K Sports. I will also buy Madden though and NCAA. Got to have all the Football games.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

To me, with the features they've promised, I think a $29.99 price tag is more than fair.

Think of this:

At the time of their last football release, ESPN NFL2K5, most games were selling at a $49.99 price point. 2K5, knowing they were facing an uphill battle in competing with Madden, decided to go with a $19.99 price. That was for a game with an NFL license.

Fast forward to 2007, most games sell for $59.99 now. If they want to maintain the same strategy they used back in 04 with the NFL2K5 release, they should stick to a price point roughly half of what Madden goes for.

For you guys who are willing to pay $59.99? You're crazy! That's a 300% increase over their last football game...and that game had an NFL license and it had a franchise mode.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 04-25-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Id pay 59 plus tax as any other next gen game because I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy. Hell I paid full price for Madden 06 and NCAA so I have no problem buying this one. I think they should sell it for 49.99. It makes it cheaper than Madden, but also doesn't make it seem bargain bin.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

I hope its $40. But if there are online leagues I will pay $60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

We dont know **** about this game yet. 59.99
Old 04-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
Now that we have some details on the game, including the lack of a Franchise feature, and some idea of what the early graphics are like, what price are YOU willing to pay?
Well, the price is going to be $59.99 unless something changes.
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=200281

I would still be willing to pay that amount, but I must tell you, the lack of a franchise makes this purchase more skeptical than it would have been had we had full customization and a franchise feature included. However, we are not sure what else 2K has in stored to compensate for the lack of full customization and a franchise mode.

Now, this is pure SPECULATION! I don't see any logical reason why 2K Sports would release this game at that price without an NFL license to back it up. So, my speculation is that All Pro Football 2K8 will be release as a duo disc set including a backwards compatible version of NFL 2K5. Now, that would make this game worth $59.99 IMO!

Last edited by jdub2k4; 04-25-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
For you guys who are willing to pay $59.99? You're crazy! That's a 300% increase over their last football game...and that game had an NFL license and it had a franchise mode.
It also had FPF, halftime shows, and a lot of other features Madden didn't have, and still doesn't have. Price doesn't necessarily reflect value, so I don't think you can base it completely on that formula. They priced the game at $19.99 because they needed to do something dramatic to help it establish a larger market share. $20 was a shock price, a no-reason-in-the-world-to-pass-it-up price. Even then people still tried to use it's price against it. And we see what happened - EA ended up adjusting it's pricing.

At the time, I'd say those were the years when Madden was at it's strongest, perception wise. That's no longer the case imo. Madden current gen is what it is; everyone knows that and everyone accepts it. Next gen is a different story - Madden's been mostly a big disappointment. The fact this game even exists reflects that. I don't know of ANY new next gen games retailing at $29.99, even something like Tetris Evolved or some rehash. Of course I have no problems paying $29.99, but I'd also have no problems paying $59.99. My feeling is the price will be $39.99-49.99

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »