Home

Who says 2k cant market?

This is a discussion on Who says 2k cant market? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #17
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Who says 2k cant market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverdawk
Madden has been pimping thier trash all draft weekend.Doesnt anyone here think 2k8 should have have done SOMETHING during the draft?
2k sucks at marketing, those posted commercials were done by Sega. Sega could make anything cool back in the day. Now, 2k puts out stuff like the 20 second spot with an old nirvana song for their MLB game.

As much as you want to call madden trash, EA is so much better than any other game company at marketing. It's hilarious to see the difference in how well they do it compared to others.

Last edited by bkfount; 04-29-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA has lots and lots of money.

Advertising costs lots and lots of money.

2k does not have as much money.

If 2k spent money on advertising 2k8 instead of, say, hiring an extra five or ten quality-control people... or installing APF 2k8 booths at, for instance, theme parks... or buying some extra time with motion-capture equipment... well, the point is, would you rather have the best football game that the 2k Collective's money can buy, or a commercial featuring a coverboy athlete?

In the immortal words of Bill Hicks: "If you have a good product, you don't need to advertise."
Old 04-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #19
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopin
In the immortal words of Bill Hicks: "If you have a good product, you don't need to advertise."
I'm sorry, but that's a stupid, naive line. Good products get passed over by lesser ones all the time. Few will care how good a product is if they never know it exists.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 17

that is very true bkfount....Hell take microsoft for instance.

2k could do a little better at marketing, I'm not saying start a super campaign like madden does but at least some more inovative commercials....the NBA 2k7 commercial was trash.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #21
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

They won't need to market a damned thing this time around - once the media learns what former Buffalo Bills running back is in this game, and a slow news cycle comes around (ala what hung Don Imus) . . . you will see this game mentioned all over the place. Larry King will probably due a segment with Mr. Goldman on this game, I'm sure.

Now that I think about it, a brilliant move by 2K putting the 'Juice on the roster. They will probably get an incredible amount of free publicity. As long as they are resolute in not bowing to the "PC" pressure, this game is going to sell many more copies due to its name being in the public's mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
They won't need to market a damned thing this time around - once the media learns what former Buffalo Bills running back is in this game, and a slow news cycle comes around (ala what hung Don Imus) . . . you will see this game mentioned all over the place. Larry King will probably due a segment with Mr. Goldman on this game, I'm sure.

Now that I think about it, a brilliant move by 2K putting the 'Juice on the roster. They will probably get an incredible amount of free publicity. As long as they are resolute in not bowing to the "PC" pressure, this game is going to sell many more copies due to its name being in the public's mind.
the OJ thing wont go any further than a few msg board guys bringing it up over and over
Old 04-29-2007, 10:04 PM   #23
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

and over...
Old 04-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #24
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I know I already created an individual thread for an APF 2K8 ad, but if you go to CBS Sportsline's NFL page, there's a banner at the top that says that it's presented by 2K Sports. When you click on it, it brings you to the APF 2K8 main page.

It really looks like they are doing what they can to attract some fans! Now we just have to wait for T.V. advertisements!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »