Home

All Pro Football 2K8 Site Launches

This is a discussion on All Pro Football 2K8 Site Launches within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-26-2007, 11:12 PM   #313
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: All Pro Football 2K8 Site Launches

QC, this game is obviously not about including strictly Legends, by the definition of that word. I mean, there are scores of players in this game that are nowhere near legendary status.

I think that it's cool that non-legendary players that still have name recognition with some fans have been included - adds a funky cool factor to the game, and you can't help but smile at some of the names that are in there. I can put together all the ex-Giants, and have a nice little roster that brings together some old nostalgia for me. Sorry to see that there's no Phil Simms, though. I guess Hostetler is replacing him once again!

I'm sure that many of the "Legends" who weren't really that good won't really be that great in the game, either. 2K will balance this game out, and not have a bunch of guys performing at top notch at most of the positions.

Stringer in the game is cool, and a nice touch. Tillman in the game would be a great tip of the hat and acknowledgement of his sacrifice to this country. Sure, he's not a legend by any stretch of the imagination, but he has name recognition, and more importantly, he chose to cut his career short and take a monster paycut to go fight for us (no matter what you think of the conflict itself - you gotta give this guy serious props for that). He deserves to be in, and should be in unless his family has an objection. Seems to me that he was a Legend in the game of life, for making that kind of selfless decision.

Last edited by Dondadda; 04-26-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #314
MVP

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
QC, this game is obviously not about including strictly Legends, by the definition of that word. I mean, there are scores of players in this game that are nowhere near legendary status.
No doubt...
Andre Ware...

Yeesh!

"How'd they miss out on Major Harris and Todd Marinovitch?"

Last edited by quietcool72; 04-26-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #315
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Tillman was a good player, and you could make that argument for on-field play. No offense to him, because he was very solid, but his body of work was pretty short in the NFL, though I don't "knock" him for that. But then again, this game has legacy players who I would rank well below Pat Tillman on the "legend" scale. (Eric Green...Tim Biakabatuka... /shudder)

Still- It would probably look like a PR stunt by many people on the part of 2K to capitalize on some current events.

I will say that I'd put quite a few legacy safeties NOT in the game ahead of Tillman. (Atkinson, Atwater, Dennis Smith, Vann McElroy, Andre Waters, Mike Wagner, Carnell Lake, Jake Scott...and quite a few others come to mind- particularly guys who could cover and hit with equal impact.)

Honestly though, this game needs more cornerbacks. Since there's so few of them- I see them being BIG fantasy draft commodities. (Particularly Lester Hayes, Michael Haynes)
Eric Greene was the Truth! at least in Pitt. not many T.E.'s have been better than him during his stay there. IMO.

also keep in mind that the term "Legends" has been kicked around by us. but VC seems to be building a collection of good players. not necesarily meaning only legends will be in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #316
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

I think that it's cool that non-legendary players that still have name recognition with some fans have been included - adds a funky cool factor to the game, and you can't help but smile at some of the names that are in there. I can put together all the ex-Giants, and have a nice little roster that brings together some old nostalgia for me. Sorry to see that there's no Phil Simms, though. I guess Hostetler is replacing him once again!

I'm sure that many of the "Legends" who weren't really that good won't really be that great in the game, either. 2K will balance this game out, and not have a bunch of guys performing at top notch at most of the positions.

Stringer in the game is cool, and a nice touch. Tillman in the game would be a great tip of the hat and acknowledgement of his sacrifice to this country. Sure, he's not a legend by any stretch of the imagination, but he has name recognition, and more importantly, he chose to cut his career short and take a monster paycut to go fight for us (no matter what you think of the conflict itself - you gotta give this guy serious props for that). He deserves to be in, and should be in unless his family has an objection. Seems to me that he was a Legend in the game of life, for making that kind of selfless decision.
Co-sign on everything. And this being my first post in this unbelievably long thread, lemme say that I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a video game...no wait a minute, that would've been back in 2004 when ESPN 2K5 was coming out.

I knew my blind faith in 2K wouldn't go unrewarded. Thanks VC!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #317
MVP

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
Eric Greene was the Truth! at least in Pitt. not many T.E.'s have been better than him during his stay there. IMO.

also keep in mind that the term "Legends" has been kicked around by us. but VC seems to be building a collection of good players. not necesarily meaning only legends will be in the game.
I'll give Eric a season or two in Pittsburgh, but I also give the network cameramen credit for covering up his frequent vomiting on the sidelines due to his ..um..."laxed" conditioning regimen. He would need spelled so much during a game it was pathetic. (Mularkey was happy- it gave him snaps at the TE position) Green had a nice 93/94, but he ruined that with his off-field problems, lack of discipline, lack of conditioning, and substance abuse.

I think it was in Jimmy Johnson's book where he indicates that Eric Green was the "laziest pro I ever coached."

What a shame. The dude had all the tools too.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:31 PM   #318
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
I'll give Eric a season or two in Pittsburgh, but I also give the network cameramen credit for covering up his frequent vomiting on the sidelines due to his ..um..."laxed" conditioning regimen. He would need spelled so much during a game it was pathetic. (Mularkey was happy- it gave him snaps at the TE position) Green had a nice 93/94, but he ruined that with his off-field problems, lack of discipline, lack of conditioning, and substance abuse.

I think it was in Jimmy Johnson's book where he indicates that Eric Green was the "laziest pro I ever coached."

What a shame. The dude had all the tools too.
i agree, with his frame, size, hands, strenght , blocking ability & ability to make plays down field he should have bad a much better career.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #319
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

This game is looking more promising, but an incredibly refreshing roster of players will not make the game play great! Let's see how it shakes out . .. somehow, I don't think we'll be dissapointed, though . . .
Old 04-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #320
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
This game is looking more promising, but an incredibly refreshing roster of players will not make the game play great! Let's see how it shakes out . .. somehow, I don't think we'll be dissapointed, though . . .
I'm giving this game the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the gameplay, because even if they mostly copy-and-pasted 2K5's gameplay with improved DB play, I would be happy.

Sounds like they have done ALOT more than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »