Home

My thoughts after 45 minutes with it

This is a discussion on My thoughts after 45 minutes with it within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:51 AM   #225
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: My thoughts after 45 minutes with it

this is the last tme i'm going to say this. them not having the laces right will not stop me from getting the game, but something as game changing in real life should not be overlooked 3 yrs in a row. laces facing you would not be a successful attempt in real life except in vinateri's case.

it would be like if 2k did not have helmets and every person that tackled you aimed their helmut at your head. these game are not a subsittution for the real game, but if you are going to try and emulate it at least get that one down. it might not bother you guys seeing as how i have not heard someone complain but me.

you just have to respect my mind on that even if you don't agree. it just irks me but not to the point of not buying the game, but something that important in the real life game should correct in the game. i can understand madden not having something in 3 yrs in a row, but i don't espect 2k to make that mistake. well that's the end of my rant, it's not really a deal killer but i just expect 2k to get that right atleast.

also did the op ever say if you still tap the button or just hold it down. tapping is cool in my book. in 2k it's not like who ever taps the fastest wins. quicker backs cover more ground faster, than a lb or dline or such. i think that if you are controlling a defensive player that is slower you will notice it off top and if you have a player that is equal in speed or close to it you will see the closing speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 05:43 AM   #226
We are...

psufan's Arena

OVR: 12

After hearing everyones thoughts on the tapping vs. holding for speed burst I thought of some ideas.

1. Limited amount of speed burst. I could be wrong but it seems that football games don't have a certain length of time for the speed burst and hockey, basketball, and baseball do. Could easily be wrong but through my gaming experiences, it just doesn't seem like it.

2. Timing of the tapping. This would be very difficult to create but would be very fun in my opinion. The player has to time the tapping of the speed burst button with the runner's feet. I actually popped in Madden and tried this out and it wouldn't be that far fetched of an idea. Reaction time is the key opposed to button smashing.

I'm interested to hear others thoughts or ideas on the subject.

LET'S GO PENS!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:24 AM   #227
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by psufan
After hearing everyones thoughts on the tapping vs. holding for speed burst I thought of some ideas.

1. Limited amount of speed burst. I could be wrong but it seems that football games don't have a certain length of time for the speed burst and hockey, basketball, and baseball do. Could easily be wrong but through my gaming experiences, it just doesn't seem like it.

2. Timing of the tapping. This would be very difficult to create but would be very fun in my opinion. The player has to time the tapping of the speed burst button with the runner's feet. I actually popped in Madden and tried this out and it wouldn't be that far fetched of an idea. Reaction time is the key opposed to button smashing.

I'm interested to hear others thoughts or ideas on the subject.
I liked the way it was it 2k5. Just one more game play mechanic in the user's control. If we didn't want to have this control we should just play head coach.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:02 AM   #228
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
come on rudyjuly. you don't have time to read but want us to dig up a reference to link?

he liked 2k5 a lot... you'll have to find the reference for yourself though, buddy.
Don't be so grumpy lol. I've got two kids at home with a new baby girl that's almost a month old so time is something I don't have a lot of right now. Didn't ask for a link, just wanted to know how much he liked 2k5 as a point of reference so I could guage his thoughts on the new game.

Since I thought 2K5 took some steps backwards from 2K4 and was flawed in quite a few ways, I will take his impressions with a grain of salt. Besides, 45 minutes with a football game is far too little time to really get a feel for the game and the AI. Good first impressions are great but how will the AI hold up over time. 2K never got the CPU QB AI right and I will be curious to see how that's improved.

Rudy
Old 05-01-2007, 08:04 AM   #229
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I accept the fact that some people like it as a game mechanic because it's fun, but there is nothing inherently more realistic about making a player's top speed dependent on the button mashing skills of the gamer.
Totally agree. Quite frankly I think EA did it right when they removed the turbo button from their hockey game entirely. Simply pushing the analog stick to the max should be top speed and is more sim like. I don't care for the button mashing either and I prefer the sprint button for EA's games. You couldn't juke or maneuver very well when sprinting and had to let go to do your special moves which is exactly the way I like it.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 05-01-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #230
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

1up will have impressions soon, we can off those now since they'll probably have photos and more in depth impressions.

No need to have another thread open where 95% of the posts are bashes against the original poster, along with no proof of playing the game, this thread is now locked.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Last edited by ExtremeGamer; 05-01-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »