Home

My thoughts after 45 minutes with it

This is a discussion on My thoughts after 45 minutes with it within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: My thoughts after 45 minutes with it

I dont know, couldnt even remember the 2nd teams name? After watching it for 45 minutes? I dont think a 40 yr old has anything to gain by throwing out BS, but I am gonna be skeptical on this review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #26
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
I did indeed give Madden a glowing review and I really can't defend that lack of judgement. I was off by a mile and there are a lot of important details I did not get to experience which may result in this game being not as AMAZING as I think it is now. I didnt get a chance to see how the CPU was at play calling (because I was playing a real person) and how well or not so well the CPU handles the time management factor, etc so we'll have to wait and see.

I also had a bunch of people around me talking to each other and generally getting on my nerves BIGTIME LOL!

I can promise one thing with absolute certainty and that is that this game is LIGHT years ahead of Madden.

I have to head out but will get back here tonite. I do have some more to tell.

And one thing I want to clear up just in case. In my original thread someone asked if I was "Dave" and that this parks initials were "SF"

I am not Dave and while this park USED to be operated under the same company that owns Six Flags, this park is NOT affiliated with Six Flags in anyway, shape or form. They are now an independent park that is operating out of Texas but the park itself is NOT located in Texas ( think about that for awhile...bizarre)

If this comes back to bite me on the butt I am blaming it on all of you here LOL!

The only reason I decided to repost this was because it turns out that I will NOT be doing anything with this promo after all. We were out bid so screw 'em : )

Oh, one other point of interest (maybe). The demo had 3 other games. 2 of which I had not even heard of. AND, it was running on a shiny new 360 Elite. That thing looked really nice and I may have to get one now to match my PS3 lol. It was better looking in person than what I thought it would be. I didnt play the other games and the demo disc itself was really pretty bad. By that I mean, the menus looked like someone threw them together in about 5 minutes. NOT APF but the demos main menu.

I'll check back in later. And thanks for not ripping me apart on all of this.
Appreciate you chiming in man. Again no offense to you, its just I know how things get when you get to play something new before everyone and its pretty good initially. Especially when you're not in the comfort of your own home you cant analyze everything at that moment. Im glad you got to play it and again appreciate you sharing with us. I cant wait for the football games to drop this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
can either take subtle hints from lb forever or have him speak more once.
lmao

I'm going to reserve my questions until I see the game in motion, except for this one:

How did you like the menu system and navigating through them? Historically, IMO, 2K doesn't do a good job with menus.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #28

OVR: 34

This is going to be the craziest football gaming season ever.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #29
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks for the impressions. Can't wait to see some gameplay footage.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #30
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Great impressions.

Just a quick general question. How was it like playing with Legends? Was it a better/worse/same experience?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #31
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

I would like to hear more about gameplay then anything else. Although I would like you to touch on presentation a little bit. Sideline reports during the game???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
60 FPS. Animations that DESTROY ANYTHING YOU HAVE SEEN IN A SPORTS GAME EVER!
for comparison, does anyone know what 2k5 runs @? how about madden 06/07 xbox1 & 360?

also, what does this translate to? am i right to assume FPS impacts the smoothness of motion (like in film)... for example, the 2k5 halftime/end game replays ran @ lower FPS than the game, right? (which is why they were "choppier")
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »