Home

My thoughts after 45 minutes with it

This is a discussion on My thoughts after 45 minutes with it within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: My thoughts after 45 minutes with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
LOL! No big deal. And when I read your comment I actually said out loud "AMEN" LOL!

LBrulez-i'll send you what I write up later if you want. If I get to play it again on Monday (and i'm praying that I get to) i'll try my best to retain as much as I can. I'll be sure and focus a little better.

There is one thing thing that I did NOT like at all about the game. Every few plays the camera would switch to a "shaky" cam down on the sidelines. This would happen WHILE your men were lining up. The view would stay this way until right before the snap making it impossible to get a read on the D. Surely this will either be greatly shortened or better yet, taken out completely. It was kind of cool though becasue some of the players/coaches on the sidelines would walk in front of the camera really adding to the realism factor. It looked very convincing but it was not practicle.

Sorry if my spelling is getting worse. I'm just really tired.

And not that good of a speller. : )

That's cool send it on over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 10:04 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 7

Oh, it is NOT the natural motion engine ( i'll explain this later because at first I thought it might be) and the play selection menus were either temporary or the developer havent made up their minds because they seemed to change. Its hard to explain but it pretty much is the same as 2
k series. However, the defensive menus looked totally different than the offense which was totally confusing. TEHN, the defensive play call screen looked like the old 2K games and the offenseive selection screen looked like the new defensive one.

Does that make sense?

I guess it is temporary and they are trying out different schemes.

I'll check back in a bit. I apologize if i'm rambling but i'm working at the same time as doing this and my multi tasking skills suck on Saturdays LOL!!
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Old 04-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #67
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I told you guys. He works for one of those traveling amusement parks. They've got the dunking machine, human snakes, alligator woman and All-Pro Football 2K8.

Nothing but classic!!!

But I somewhat believe him. No reason to post the same thing twice. The game sounds incredible.

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:11 PM   #68

OVR: 34

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he has played the game. He's doing a lot to give us some impressions, and this being while he is a bit busy.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #69
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

ofdman, don't let the haters scare ya off. I believe ya, and this game sound teriffic
Old 04-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 12

what advances have been made in gang tackeling? QB mechanics? and ball carrier controls?

EDIT: thanks for your time man!! we appreciate it
Old 04-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #71
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
what advances have been made in gang tackeling? QB mechanics? and ball carrier controls?

EDIT: thanks for your time man!! we appreciate it

Yes this is one question i would love for you to answer. After hearing Madden talk about thier gang tackling engine now, i hope 2k has improved thiers even further
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 11:04 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 4

ofdman thanks for the good work and i know you have nothing to prove. I believe you man, lets not give him a hard time. I think people are so pressed for this game that they want instant info and when that doesn't happen people jump the gun and go the negative route. You see what happen to the guy that posted the GI black and white 1/2 page lol he had proof and they still accussed him of CGI lol. I'm glad you played the game and i for one am looking forward to some additional insight on your behalf thanks again. Lets give the guy a break the more comfortable ofdman is the more likely he is to remember details and post them so lets try and cut him some slack. I was on the fence but i believe you man keep it up.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »