Home

My thoughts after 45 minutes with it

This is a discussion on My thoughts after 45 minutes with it within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
My thoughts after 45 minutes with it

Sorry mods if this is inappropiate after having my other thread closed. If so, and I COMPLETELY undertsand, then close this one up as well and I won't bring it up again.

After posting this late last night I freaked. I mean, I really panicked. I signed an NDA and while I *probably* won't get busted I am still, for obvious reasons, a little worried about this. With that said, I'll leave this here and keep my fingers crossed. One thing I will add before pasting my original thoughts on this AMAZING game is that I am a diehard football video game junkie. It is what got me into gaming way back when Madden was first released on the Sega Genesis so when I say that this game is absolutely the greatest football game ever, I absolutely mean it! Of course, this is just my opinion but I truly believe that once this game is in everyones hands that, while there will be some folks that don't like the player models, the way the announcers talk or what have you, it will most definitely change the way football is done on consoles/PC's from here on.

Anyways, heres what I posted last night.

Sorry it took so long to get back here folks. I had a monster day and then went out to dinner, etc so sorry to keep everyone waiting.

Okay, first off, it is late and I'm beat. Second, I have an all day long photo shoot tomorrow and need to get to sleep. Having said that i'll get this party started and continue as time permits. Bare with me on this guys. It is busy time for me this time of year and the days ahead are booked solid but i'll give you all the answers I can over the next few days or so.

I only got to play the game for about 45 minutes. Thats because they had several people there and wanted to give some of the employees a chance to play. I imagine you'll start seeing other "reviews" or "previews" pop up. However, we were reminded on more than one occasion that we all signed NDAs and were expected to honor this.

60 FPS. Animations that DESTROY ANYTHING YOU HAVE SEEN IN A SPORTS GAME EVER! Incredible weather effects. A presentation that makes Madden's look like a complete joke (we already knew that 2K5 did this but just WAIT until you see what they have done with APF) Reports from the sidelines, great play by play and color (same guys from the previous games). The presentation makes you feel like you are actually watching a real game of football. 2K5 did this great but APF makes you go ****!

In the 45 minutes I played this game I did not ONE TIME notice ANY repeat animations. Sure, the QB dropping back and maybe the WR catching some times were repeated but everything else was truly remarkable to witness. Over and over again I was floored at what I was seeing. players getting pushed, tripped, slapped, falling over other players with killer collision detection. I did notice some flaws but believe me, it will not take ANYTHING away from the otherwise incredible experience.

When I played PGR on the 360 for the first time I was blown away and thought "This is next gen". Well, PGR now reminds me of PGR one the original xbox now. It seems like LAST gen LOL! APF's graphics, while fantastic (and MUCH better looking than what we saw in GI) it is the animations and tackling, running, the fumbles, gang tackles, refs getting in the way (yeah, this game had REFS ON THE FIELD! SHOCKING HUH) the players emotions (although they do look kinda funky at times) that REALLY are going to freak you out. Did I mention that all of this has dynamic lighting and runs at 60 fps?

It is all here. A TRUE football experience that will FORCE EA to get serious about Madden. Seriously, EA's Madden will get a MAJOR overhaul after they see what 2K has done. I did not, for even a SECOND, think about this game not having official NFL teams, players, stadiums. I immediately got lost in the game play. As corny as that sounds, it was true. It was Madden's first video game that got me into gaming in the first place so it is football that I look forward to every year (except these last few years because of the obvious) and APF has brought back this magic in a way that has to be seen to be believed. All without the NFL license. Imagine that .

The demo only had 2 teams to play ( RHinos and I swear I cannot remember the other team...I was too busy having my mind blown I guess) and only one stadium ( with a GIANT rhino that moved around when you scored) but you could change the time of day and weather. The rain and snow effects were unbelievable. Completely convincing and had a tremendous effect on game play. I had a running back go down with an injury and I watched the replay no less than 10 times. It looked THAT COOL! I mean, you could SEE him get hurt and how it happened. Plays that looked so real me and this guy I was playing were actually getting giddy. I was smiling like a 10 year kid and i'm in my 40's.

I know all of this sounds too good to be true but I don't give a **** at this point. I know that this game will come out and every single video gamer who truly loves the game of football will rejoice in what 2K sports have delivered.

It is 1:00am and thats all for now. Sorry guys but in 7 hours I have to get up and at them : )

Again, I know (and having gone back and read thru this) can understand it seeming a little over the top. And even may come off as a little over zealous (duh) LOL! and i'll be completely honest and admit that I may be *slightly* going overboard (easy to do once you've just played what is,IMO, and soon to be EVERYONES opinion, the GREATEST game of football ever to grace a console! But I can't help it fellas. I am truly STOKED!!!!!!

It is that good. just wait.

I actually feel sorry for EA. This will make the jerks at the NFL who were responsible for the whole "exclusive" BS take notice that they picked the WRONG COMPANY to do their game justice! Oh man. i almost wish I didnt play it. I have no idea how I can wait for this game now. kind of like Cartman when he was waiting for the Wii to be released I guess.

One last thing. I cannot be here everyday and answer a billion questions and don't get to freaked about it. I have way too many responsibilities so be cool. I'll do as much as I can.
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: My thoughts after 45 minutes with it

Excuse my ignorance... but what is an NDA?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Excuse my ignorance... but what is an NDA?
Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Thanks ofdman. Sounds good.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

I hope what you are saying is true, but i would expect nothing less from 2k.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sounds great man. I just want to know, because you said there were almost no repeat animations, if it seemed like they used natural motion. Also how were the gang tackles? Any tackles including 3 or more players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

60 FPS and mucho animations was all I needed to hear!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Hey thanks for sharing! What players did you play with? Any legends??
Old 04-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Thanks ofdman. Sounds good.
thanks LBzrule....

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals