Home

Release day...

This is a discussion on Release day... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Release day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
i think the date that's posted was there and then madden moved their date back... very similar to what happened with 2k5's release. my guess is they won't screw around with the posted date for a while but it'll release before that but probably still in August. just my guess. for the sake of the franchise, it'd be great if it came out before even NCAA... for the sake of the game, i just hope it comes out when it's ready and not before. people aren't going to be as forgiving with this game as with things not looking properly "tested" in the nfl2k series.
Yeah, but I am VERY doubtful it comes out before NCAA. Would be great though.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

I think it will be between NCAA and Madden. Before NCAA would be nice, but I doubt it will happen.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #11
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I say it is out before the end of June.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #12
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

According to 1up.com it will release on 9-15-07; I'm not sure I believe that but that's what they're saying.

But assuming that date is correct, 2K would be better off just holding this game over until the Spring'08 arrives. That way they could add a franchise mode, fine-tune any details, and release without much competition.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

To make the biggest impact in sales, APF2K8' will have to come out in june or july, makes the most logical business sense.

If the game is launched in august with madden, it's game over concerning sales.......
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 22

I dont know about u guys but im JONES'N for this freak'n football game.. its hard to believe i want a football that has no real NFL teams, players this F'n bad...
Old 05-03-2007, 07:20 AM   #15
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
According to 1up.com it will release on 9-15-07; I'm not sure I believe that but that's what they're saying.

But assuming that date is correct, 2K would be better off just holding this game over until the Spring'08 arrives. That way they could add a franchise mode, fine-tune any details, and release without much competition.
I was one of the people disappointed with no franchise mode, but that was before we learned the focus of this game was classic players. Does franchise mode with classic players really make any sense? How would you have Joe Montana '89 year two along with Walter Payton 85 year two?

Since there's so many players from so many different eras, the "reality timeline" is already compromised. What is the need for a year 2? The reality is that the un-aging pros are still going to be your league leaders in season stats.

I could understand if this product had 32 generic teams patterned after real-life teams, but with 240 legacy pros being the focus spanning 40 years worth of pros- all playing together... what meaning do you really feel that year two would have?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

i dont think it makes any sense for them to wait for madden's release, they dont have to. I beleive in between the ncaa and madden release will be good cuz college football gamers are still gonna buy ncca. however, a great football game with legends might take alittle anticipation off of madden's release to the point it becomes alot of rentals instead of purchases and if 2k8 buries it in gameplay maybe alot of people will say, im saving my 65 bucks on madden cuz i have the best football experience out there already even though its not 'NFL'
ps- gamestop.com has a 8-14-07 ship date listed

Last edited by LDX97; 05-03-2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: new info

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »