Home

QB Vision Cone alternatives

This is a discussion on QB Vision Cone alternatives within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled
What Are Your Thoughts on Madden's Franchise Mode as We Head Towards Madden 24?
When Do You Get 'Rosteritis' in Your Franchise Mode?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:55 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: QB Vision Cone alternatives

BUMP
Old 06-02-2008, 02:34 AM   #50
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

The real idea behind the cone was to give QB Awareness meaning when controlled by the user. That's why I hated that you couldn't turn it on for yourself and off for the computer... if you used it, a bad CPU quarterback was doubly crippled.

Before the vision cone, you didn't care what a QB's AWR was when you signed/drafted him, as long as he had a big arm, it was cool. The vision cone made a huge difference in franchise modes as you tried to build up a poor QB over time.

As for an alternative, perhaps simply have AWR affect the reaction time and mistakes by the defense. For example, if a defense is in 3-deep with the offense sending 2 receivers down the field, a QB with low AWR (or the APF equivalent... since it doesn't have ratings, I dont know what you'd call it) will cause the deep-middle safety to almost immediately rush toward the intended receiver, effectively double-covering him. A medium AWR QB will cause the deep middle safety to hesitate, and a high AWR QB will actually induce the safety to run toward the opposite side of the field, leaving the intended receiver one-on-one with one man to beat to the endzone.

Not set in stone-every play this is how it goes, of course, but that's the "norm" for each level.

Positive--- employs the mental attributes of a QB even when controlled by human.
Negative--- the effect, unlike vision cone, is completely out of the user's hands.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-02-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #51
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by minelevation
This Is all you have to do for the vison cone great post i had this idea when i first heard about it. I imagined it to be like this create animations for the quarterback for each position when dropping back in the pocket the animations would be the quarterback's body and feet would change depending on what reciever you want to throw to just like in real life the quarterback changing positions to throw to each side of the field. Also a vibration sensor to let you know which reciever your targeting. As you move the joystick depending on which reciever your aiming for the body and the feet of the quarter back will move also. So instead of you moving the cone back and fourth across the field the quarter back will move.
Madden did this with the vision cone. As you moved it from one receiver to another, the QB would bounce step to be facing that receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »