Home

1up first look

This is a discussion on 1up first look within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: 1up first look

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
Well I noticed this quote..

"While the player movements looked sharp, the graphics didn't blow our wigs off (yes, we wear wigs) in the non-HD video on display"

There you have fans, the games graphics are going to look like old gen 2k4 graphics! That bites. You would think it would be amazing since they have been making this game for 2+ years now and it's for Next Gen Consoles!?? Don't understand why they made it for the Xbox360 and PS3 if it isn't going to have Next Gen Graphics?? I was really hoping someone would show up Madden in the graphics and models department with the new Next Gen Consoles, but I guess not in the near future... Oh well.. hopefully in 2010..
While that's true Greg Thomas also says, "Our game, graphically, is going to meet that price of admission, and it'll meet our own standards, which is a pretty high bar."

You know, I trust that. I mean, look at NBA 2K7. If they can put out player models like that in their football game, all will be fine on the graphics side.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:50 AM   #18
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

that "defender tipped the ball then his teammate slid in to catch the ball"

i've seen this in the 2k4 demo....

GI screens.....models look like 2k5 (which weren't bad)

beginining to wonder if this isn't 2k5v3

gameplay is the last to be shown off
Old 05-03-2007, 07:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
that "defender tipped the ball then his teammate slid in to catch the ball"

i've seen this in the 2k4 demo....

GI screens.....models look like 2k5 (which weren't bad)

beginining to wonder if this isn't 2k5v3

gameplay is the last to be shown off
I was thinking that about the tip-toe catch on the sideline. I've seen it once in 2K5, and it looked great. I would say the ball being tipped around in 2K5 was nice, maybe a little overdone, but nice.

If they have built on those things and refined them, it'll be very nice.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #20
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

is it just me, or do you consider animations apart of graphics. Because to me you can have wonderful looking player models, but horrible looking players in motion. to me that still seems like bad graphics because it still isnt visually pleasing. To me animations, along with the models complete the graphics package. Animations are more important thouhg because they dont just affect the visuals, they affect the gameplay as well.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
is it just me, or do you consider animations apart of graphics. Because to me you can have wonderful looking player models, but horrible looking players in motion. to me that still seems like bad graphics because it still isnt visually pleasing. To me animations, along with the models complete the graphics package. Animations are more important thouhg because they dont just affect the visuals, they affect the gameplay as well.
couldnt agree more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #22
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

a part of graphics...not apart

no they are separate (IMHO)

i find it ironic that Thomas talked about gfx being admission to the show yet for a game W/O a license, avg joe won't be wowed by gfx from 2-3 years ago---even if Rice is your front man. again...IMHO
Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
That's a good question. I think they go hand in hand. To me, the complete "graphic" is not just the model of the player but also the manner in which that designed model responds to certain situations.

If you have a runner being tackled at his feet and his head and torso are the first to respond to the tackle, that's bad graphics. Animations should always compliment the player model in that it should properly represent natural movement.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
a part of graphics...not apart

no they are separate (IMHO)

i find it ironic that Thomas talked about gfx being admission to the show yet for a game W/O a license, avg joe won't be wowed by gfx from 2-3 years ago---even if Rice is your front man. again...IMHO

I'm expecting graphics on the level of NBA 2K7 or MLB 2K7. If that's the case, nobody's going to be wowed by it because we've already seen that, but it definitely won't look bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »