Home

Some more info about the game

This is a discussion on Some more info about the game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Some more info about the game

To be honest how many kids under 13 have enough where-with-all to go against the grain and not buy what "everybody" else is buying. That age range is probably strictly Madden country. So 2K shouldn't really concern themselves too much with that demographic. If they want it they'll get it. Besides I think once it's explained exactly why the game is rated what it is 99.9% of parents will let it slide. Their kids probably see more blood in real life from busting their uncoordinated azzess all over the place than what they'll see in the game. It's not like you're going to see a TE blown to pieces from a well timed , active reloaded shotgun blast.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
They would probably have to change it to Teen not all the way to mature. But honestly do you think it will have any dent in sales? I'd have to say, judging from the OVERWHELMING amount of kids who play Gears of Wars, I don't think it would have the slightest dent in sales if they gave this game a XXX rating.
i would hope theres a diffrence in blood stains on a uni, vs. blood gushing from characters as you shoot and chop them to pieces.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:42 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKUMA2000
Why not ??

Blood has been in the NFL for years, can't tell me you haven't seen blood on the players uniforms from time to time.

I hope 2K adds this, brings more realism to the game......EA sure in isn't goona do it with madden.

When has blood ever been realistically depicted in a video game?

Every time I see a M rated game with blood, it is either spatting all over the place and overly done just for the sake of having blood in the game and the ability to see that it's there.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:00 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
To be honest how many kids under 13 have enough where-with-all to go against the grain and not buy what "everybody" else is buying. That age range is probably strictly Madden country. So 2K shouldn't really concern themselves too much with that demographic. If they want it they'll get it. [b]Besides I think once it's explained exactly why the game is rated what it is 99.9% of parents will let it slide. Their kids probably see more blood in real life from busting their uncoordinated azzess all over the place than what they'll see in the game. It's not like you're going to see a TE blown to pieces from a well timed , active reloaded shotgun blast.
True.......and funny as hell.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
They then would probably have to change the rating to mature, which would limit the consumer base.
I don't think the rating would change that much if at all, we're not talking about mortal kombat finishing moves blood here.

I'm talking minor cuts we see on players hands and arms and the blood stains we see on their white uniform pants etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2007, 11:19 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 19

man anyone who plays football knows that you get cuts a scrapes all the time...most of the time their isnt even blood..
Old 05-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
When has blood ever been realistically depicted in a video game?

Every time I see a M rated game with blood, it is either spatting all over the place and overly done just for the sake of having blood in the game and the ability to see that it's there.
EA Sports' Fight Night series does a good job with blood, although the game does go a little over-the-top with blood splattering when someone gets knocked out. Fight Night has a Teen rating but I seriously doubt that has affected the sales. I would say people under 13 years old overall play Fight Night more than those who are teenagers and older. APF2K8 having a Teen rating should have minimum to no effect at all on this game.
But even if blood is an annoyance, there could be an option to turn it off. Even Mortal Kombat had an option to choose how much blood was in the game, if any....ABACABB was the blood and gore code, if I'm not mistaken...lol

Last edited by jdub2k4; 05-09-2007 at 08:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »