Home

APF 2k8 releasing in July?

This is a discussion on APF 2k8 releasing in July? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: APF 2k8 releasing in July?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I wonder-is it so much that NFL fans are less supportive of legends, or is it that a lot of fans (me included) tend to associate those players with the uniform and number they wore? When you think of Barry Sanders do you think of his face, or a #20 Lions jersey?

I like the idea of a legends game, but to be honest I don't think I'm going to like seeing Barry, or Emmitt, or Elway in unfamiliar uni's. That may seem shallow, but what can I say?
True but Emmit Smith in any uniform is still Emit Smith. Fans remember players and have as much of an emotional response to actual players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
Didn't gamespot rate 2k5 higher than Madden 05?
Yes it did, Madden 05: 9.0 NFL 2k5: 9.2

That was both on the xbox
Old 05-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #43
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I wonder-is it so much that NFL fans are less supportive of legends, or is it that a lot of fans (me included) tend to associate those players with the uniform and number they wore? When you think of Barry Sanders do you think of his face, or a #20 Lions jersey?

I like the idea of a legends game, but to be honest I don't think I'm going to like seeing Barry, or Emmitt, or Elway in unfamiliar uni's. That may seem shallow, but what can I say?
I think luv_mist made a good point in the difference in promoting individuals in basketball and football. This is where you may be right, but I know when I have an NBA game with a street mode and the option to play with legends I could care less what uniform they have on. But I also like seeing Dr J's big fro or Moses Malone in goggles, etc. Never got too much into legends in NFL games but they also have never been done in a way that wasn't clearly a fluff add on.

With all that said, we also have to remember that in many cases there is a difference between a football fan and an NFL fan (even if it's in the same person). If you just generally love football then you may pick up a blitz type of game, a mario style pee-wee game played in the school lot, etc. I think a lot of people that get NCAA don't get it for the stars of the NCAA at the time but b/c they feel it's one of the best football games on the market. My point is there will be some younger kids that will still want to get the game despite it not being able to mimic the NFL which they are working hard to make sure you don't think it's an NFL game that doesn't have an NFL license but that's how many see it now since nobody has played it.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:15 PM   #44

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
You guys have to realize that legends bring back fond memories. People are more open to legends. I put it into the basketball concept. If there was a basketball game with legends like Jordan, Pippen, Magic, Kareem, Bird, Dr. J, ect in it, it would get eaten up. Then again, I'm not too sure how supportive the fans are of legends of the game. NFL has definitely done a great job of taking the individual out of the game. I don't think this game will flop. Also, one thing that this game will have is the lifespan. It can still be picked up a few months/years later with the same roster. There won't need to be updated rosters or anything because the fun is just right there. I sure do dislike mindless gamers who just play to their comfort and not to the quality........
You're absolutely right. My brother in law isn't a big gamer, but we used to play a lot of basketball games several years back.

When I showed him NBA 2K7, all he wanted to do is play the 80's east/west allstars.

When you don't have the rights to the NFL, I think getting former great players is the next best thing. Again, I can't help but go back to what Jeff Thomas said.

Play the game and shut up.

Give it a chance. This game is going to WOW a lot of people.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #45
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
many madden fans still prefer the xbox or ps2 version of madden to the 360 or ps3.
yea 360 madden stunk worse than my last dump.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 01:41 AM   #46
Rookie

Shredder's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf

Remember, 2K5 released in July (at least I'm pretty sure it did) I think it was around the 20th something.
What? I don't recall that ever happening.....and I've been with the series since day 1 on the DC.....it usually shipped head to head with Madden....

Last edited by Shredder; 05-11-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:04 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 29

either way it goes, I am thinking that APF will be a 'rent first' game for me.

EA knows they need improvments. Whether or not it is warrented to have faith in them is still a doubt, but I would rather put down $8-$10 on renting them to see which I prefer and then putting down the cash.

So far there have been no videos for either game, so, this "Amazing new gameplay" is also still speculation.

I am excited to see the choice again either way.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:05 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
What? I don't recall that ever happening.....and I've been with the series since day 1 on the DC.....it usually shipped head to head with Madden....
July 20, 2004

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »