Home

My opinion on All Pro Football...

This is a discussion on My opinion on All Pro Football... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
My opinion on All Pro Football...

There are a lot of opinions about this game. I've noticed that many of them are negative... regardless of the undesirable aspects of this game (no NFL license, no traditional 'franchise' mode, some people don't like the legends). Here's the bottom line.

The gameplay ALONE will make this game more worthwhile than Madden. We know 2K's gameplay is superior to anything EA dishes out. If you like the game of football, and like playing football games, things like franchise mode and the NFL license shouldn't matter. ESPN NFL 2K5 was a better football game than Madden has ever been simply because of its superior gameplay. When has 2K disappointed in this regard?

Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: My opinion on All Pro Football...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantencza
There are a lot of opinions about this game. I've noticed that many of them are negative... regardless of the undesirable aspects of this game (no NFL license, no traditional 'franchise' mode, some people don't like the legends). Here's the bottom line.

The gameplay ALONE will make this game more worthwhile than Madden. We know 2K's gameplay is superior to anything EA dishes out. If you like the game of football, and like playing football games, things like franchise mode and the NFL license shouldn't matter. ESPN NFL 2K5 was a better football game than Madden has ever been simply because of its superior gameplay. When has 2K disappointed in this regard?

Your thoughts?
My thoughts are I agree with you, but I have seen stranger things happen with games before where one year is great and the next year was horrible (ESPN baseball comes to mind, NBA 2K4 or 5--I forget which one). So, I hope the gameplay stays true to form for this series. I hope both companies push each other again.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

My thoughts are as follows:

John Madden football is not a good game. It is an average game at best. The people who develop this game lack the passion and talent of the ppl of 2k sports. John Madden football for the past 5-6 years has been a pile of non-innovating bland BS...yet millions of ppl buy because they are blind loyal consumers. When NFL 2k5 came out EA took the easy way out and bought out the competition the following year. I'll bet 70 plus percent of hard core madden players have no clue about 2k5, or APF2k8. NFL Madden sucks, EA sports is pathetic...john madden himself has one (1) testicle.

Last edited by Dork; 05-10-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Shredder's Arena

OVR: 4

This will be VC's crown jewel.......those of you worried about consistency need to only realize one thing......this game will simply pwn like no other fb game yet released...
Old 05-11-2007, 05:03 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dork
NFL Madden sucks, EA sports is pathetic...john madden himself has one (1) testicle.
Hmm, yeah, I see the connection. EA doesn't have the balls to try something new with that series. BTW: EA is putting out some decent games these days - just not football.

Anyway, I agree the gameplay alone will be worth it. I'll certainly be buying the game, and I won't even be waiting for the reviews first.

And you can't compare this to 2K's baseball series - ESPN in 03-04, followed by the mess that is MBL 2K now. KUSH does baseball. VC does football, and no question they're going to put out a great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2007, 05:26 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Agreed.

But they need some features besides season mode to keep the games depth...

unless VC is going for a striped down "table tennis" affair.... which would suck. Because, as great as table tennis was, online exhibitions only take you so far. Taht being said, football is a much deeper game than table tennis so it may turn out better.

Damn I need some information quick.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:04 AM   #7
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

To me, i can deal with single seasons, because i play with friends and stuff and thats usually what we set up anyway, a 4 player season, and every game is played against a human. but i can see why people are upset with the lack of "multi season mode" it just seems like 2k is pulling an "EA" in this regard, and pulling a feature out.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #8
Rookie

Wjkporter's Arena

OVR: 8

Not having a franchise mode is a big deal to me... The point is to build a team towards something, sure gameplay is important, and i love everything about 2k5. However, the best part of the game is to take a team like the browns and make them into something. Whats the point to play just a single season?? If Dallas is the best team and they win the superbowl. Then you start a new season "guess what" Dallas is still the best team.... What do you shoot for to beat them??? in season trades, start your rookie QB?? only to start the season over again.... To pay 59.99 to go back to the Temco bowl days??? One season....... This is just sad to me, because i know the game play will be Killer!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »