Home

Euphoria mummerings

This is a discussion on Euphoria mummerings within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2007, 10:48 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Euphoria mummerings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
If 2K is using this Euphoria, I wonder what the Madden camp will be saying...

"Oh yeah, well we've got weapons."
or i wonder how much a exclusive deal would cost, get on that big papi. Tell them we'll pay whatever they want for a ten year deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #26
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
I don't want to bust everyone's bubble, but the likley hood of using euphoria in 2k8 can't be realistic at this time. The complexity of the models itself and the interactive calculations to pull it off in this early of a stage is crazy. Twenty two models moving simultaniously to giving points of random intersects using NM would be quite a feet at this time in it's inception. But I will pray with you

not true.

euphoria only comes into play when there is an interaction, say a hit. Use it only where a tackle animation use to be. then only 2-5 models would be using this. All 22 do not have to have euphoria running all the time. That is how star wars or anything works with this, it is the split moment when the wood breaks or the storm trooper gets tossed in those Star War movies.

thats my input, i dont work with any of this stuff, but from see'n the movies at Natural Motion i get the idea that it is an animation, then it "euphorizes" (new word), and then it goes back to it's normal animation.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #27
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

dumb question here, but why are you guys so hyped over euphoria? i've seen the demo videos, but i don't really see what all the fuss is about. please explain.

pete
Old 05-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #28
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Physical interaction of the models aren't canned animations. They react naturally like they would in real life. You dont have models clipping one another and there is true interaction between models with less repeating animations
Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #29
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Februray 2006 is when they bought the engine. I'd say they fully knew how to use it in April 2006(purely speculation cuz I have no idea), either way that's plenty of time to implement it in APF.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:26 AM   #30

OVR: 34

Another thing that raises the speculation is how we'll see the injuries of players take place in real time, instead of going to a screen with an animation showing a guy hurt.

Unless 2K has done something of their own that is similiar to Euphoria, I don't see how you can incorporate it into gameplay without it.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

WOW it has to be in there they have made the deal over a year and some change ago and 2k wouldn't make a game unless they had something big to offer also remember ofdman? he said he played it which i believe and stated that he didn't see any duplicate animations which could only be done with this type pf technology OOOOOOOHHHHH i can't wait for this game its going to be tight!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #32
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Another thing that raises the speculation is how we'll see the injuries of players take place in real time, instead of going to a screen with an animation showing a guy hurt.

Unless 2K has done something of their own that is similiar to Euphoria, I don't see how you can incorporate it into gameplay without it.
Excellent point.

I wouldn't put it past the 2K guys to find a way to do real-time injuries without Euphoria, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »