Home

The release date...is Taketwo missing the window?

This is a discussion on The release date...is Taketwo missing the window? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #9
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: The release date...is Taketwo missing the window?

I still believe this game will be released before NCAA 08.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I still believe this game will be released before NCAA 08.
Nope it won't
Old 05-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #11
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

It would have been nice if they could have beaten NCAA to market but it doesn't look like it will happen. As someone who will in all likelyhood be buying all three titles this year this is how I will approach it. I know once NCAA drops I will be wrapped up in that because I enjoy the game but I also want to put in time getting draft classes for Madden and maybe even screwing around with Campus Legend mode which can now be imported into Madden's Superstar mode. Unless APF2K8 is getting fantastic reviews once it comes out I will hold off until I have played the heck out of NCAA and Madden. If All-Pro comes out first I would buy it right away and then see about my timing for buying NCAA and Madden based on how good it is. From my perspective they are missing an opportunity for more sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #12
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

The release date really doesn't matter. With poor marketing of the game, it will go unnoticed.

2ksports hasn't showed hardly any information, no commercials, nor any kind of marketing popups in stores.

Madden has been advertised in Gamestops and EB since December 2006.

They have photos and videos on almost every website from team xbox, to ign and gamestop.

2ksports has done the opposite. They had a few interviews of blah, blah..and speculation.

1 magazine G.I. with some mediocre and weak early photos. And a stupid comment by Greg Thomas,"shut up and play".

I'm sorry without the NFL license, we need more than those type of comments and info.

This game needs to be directed towards every football gamer, not just the loyalist that buy anything with 2k's logo on it...

They need to put out some crazy ads quick, and start dropping some videos waaaay before this game drops, otherwise. They will lose before they even try to enter the room.

This is why EA outsells, everyone and 2k every year. They hella market stuff early off months before the game is even out. they at least put out fake covers 5 to 6 months in advance, having the games reserved before people could even see 1 screenshot. Because they at least throw the acknowledgement, that the game is coming.

2ksports, hasn't put out the word in any stores that its coming. Its been word of mouth, online.

What about the millions of gamers who don't be online reading. They need to target that minority audience, because its much larger, than the majority audience.....
Old 05-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #13

OVR: 34

2k better get some info out on this game vey soon or they won'y even be a blip on the radar. And when I say info, I mean a definate release date, screenshots, more concrete specifics of the game and some videos.

If they don't, the Madden snowball is going to overcome any chance this game has of being successful to the consumer.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #14
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Nope it won't
I hope you don't have inside information because that would truly make this a long summer
Old 05-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I hope you don't have inside information because that would truly make this a long summer
Unfortunately in this case I do. And I'll say it this way. If this game comes out before NCAA and there is nothing on it at this point they are in trouble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Ohh and btw, EA is making sure the bases are loaded and covered. I read the blog at IGN and they are expecting Madden to have a demo released and that will probably be in July.

2k is going to really have to put a big a$$ foot forward to get anyone outside of the 2k faithful to notice the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »