Home

Early impressions according to someone at gamespot forums..

This is a discussion on Early impressions according to someone at gamespot forums.. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #49
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Early impressions according to someone at gamespot forums..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
I will guarantee you that if the gamespot poster would have said NOTHING but glowing remarks about the game and referenced that it would put Madden to shame 95% of the people in this specific forum would have not called BS.
Odfman's impressions were overly positive yet it wasn't as if everyone believed him, or may have been wary of the game being that glowingly good. It happens on both sides - you have many people in the Madden forum loving what they're being told. Based on past history you'd think there'd be a more cautious approach, but we all want to believe and like being told what we want to hear.

The Gamespot guy's views weren't really negative, they just weren't glowingly positive - they were really vague. I think people called BS more because there's so many people that try to attain "I got the game early now give me all your attention" glory than they were upset at what he said. He really didn't say much that was negative

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #50
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Lets face it alot of people want 2k8 to be good so unless they hear from someone that the moment they put the disc in sparks flew and all poblems of the world were solved the BS flag will be raised. Additionally, the hatred of Madden and EA fuels most 2k fans to have what I like to call "selective observation"...

I will guarantee you that if the gamespot poster would have said NOTHING but glowing remarks about the game and referenced that it would put Madden to shame 95% of the people in this specific forum would have not called BS.

I'm interested in seeing what 2K does with this game but I'm expecting what 2k always seems to do and thats load the game with great presentation and other slick features while the gameplay will be suspect. I can't really feel the Legends and generic players such as BeeBop Jackson...Just not my cup of tea..But I'll give the game a rent at Hollywood video when I see it but I don't see this game as a must have or first week purchase for me.
You obviously didn't look at the thread that ofdman made about playing the game.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #51
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I can't really feel the Legends and generic players such as BeeBop Jackson...Just not my cup of tea..But I'll give the game a rent at Hollywood video when I see it but I don't see this game as a must have or first week purchase for me.
i can respect that....

...but if BeeBop Jackson acts/plays like an NFL player on the field, then that's my cup of tea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #52
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
i can respect that....

...but if BeeBop Jackson acts/plays like an NFL player on the field, then that's my cup of tea
I guess I'm most interested in seeing what innovation 2k will make and how they will motivate EA to up their game. I think they have already motivated EA but 2k generally has some nice things happening in their games so it will nice to see how they are able to push the next gen hardware
Old 06-03-2007, 11:32 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
Let's see, you've been here since 2006. I've been here since 2003. I've seen quite a few threads (probably into the hundreds) with folks saying they have a particular game that have turned out to be false. Call me skeptical, call me ignorant, but my first instinct is not to believe it until I see proof.
Ok... hey trust your gut, it works for the president. There is no proof, either the guy played it or he didnt, he only knows the truth. Thats exaclty what I said, and exactly what im talking about, if your first instinct is not to believe anyone who played a game early... If someone played the game, why come on here and even tell you about it. The person is better off dodging the name calling, and not saying anything, and let you think you know what your talking about and laugh at you when he reads it. Like ive been here since 2000, so i know who plays games early and who doesnt by now, until someone really does play the game, and you then look like the fool that you are. Good luck, ill root for you.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #54
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Ok... hey trust your gut, it works for the president. There is no proof, either the guy played it or he didnt, he only knows the truth. Thats exaclty what I said, and exactly what im talking about, if your first instinct is not to believe anyone who played a game early... If someone played the game, why come on here and even tell you about it. The person is better off dodging the name calling, and not saying anything, and let you think you know what your talking about and laugh at you when he reads it. Like ive been here since 2000, so i know who plays games early and who doesnt by now, until someone really does play the game, and you then look like the fool that you are. Good luck, ill root for you.
It's really not that big of a deal.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #55
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

My god you people complain to freaking complain. JESUS H CHRIST...

Example:
1. I cant get down with legends and generic... blah blah blah..
2. The stadiums arent real, they have big animatronics.. yada yada
3. He didnt play it, or, they didnt see this, or this pict is fake etc.

What do you want VC to do? They cant use currents players or stadiums, SO WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT IT... ? WHY... WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

I'll say again.... VC CANNOT use current NFL players, stadiums, or have any likenesses, SO DEAL WITH IT.

Man I understand people are excited, or frustrated. I get that, but man the constant whining.... I wish they had electonic bibs that you could attach to post....

Im excited to see how VC is able to handle not having a license and producing a football game. They are attempting something.. you have a choice now so be thankful.

Last edited by noshun; 06-04-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2007, 12:08 AM   #56
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

In my best Seargent Hulka voice---

"Take it easy, Francis".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »