Home

I hope they bring back the Tracy Morgan Commercials

This is a discussion on I hope they bring back the Tracy Morgan Commercials within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #25
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: I hope they bring back the Tracy Morgan Commercials

Here's an idea for a set of commercials and it's sort of similar to this situation: model them after the Mac vs. PC commercials. Set APF as the cool innovative up and comer and the other as the widely accepted yet stale standard. They could create a series of commercials talking about various gameplay/visual aspects while being funny and aping the Mac/PC commercials (which are brilliant imo). Sign Frank Caliendo (sp) to play Madden in the commercials spouting goofy Maddenisms ("truck stick!" "look at all those pancakes!")

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #26

OVR: 34

If the weather effects are as they say, I'd have a game set in the pouring rain, with a very classic football feel. Then I'd have an announcer comment on how Barry Sanders has rushed for 134 yards on the day and comment, "There's no reason why Barry doesn't get the ball here."

As they pan in on the action on the field, the play begins and they show Sanders taking the ball while the announcers excitingly call the play..but the play doesn't complete. You just see Barry get the ball and break free.

All-Pro Football 2K8
Available July 16th, 2007
Old 06-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

All jokes aside, I believe some of the suggestions you guys have are actually really good. Especially the TO and Jerry Rice one. Hope the 2K people are watching the board!
"Check out my game reviews on www.Popcultureshock.com": http://www.popcultureshock.com/index.php?author=84

Phi Nu!!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
If the weather effects are as they say, I'd have a game set in the pouring rain, with a very classic football feel. Then I'd have an announcer comment on how Barry Sanders has rushed for 134 yards on the day and comment, "There's no reason why Barry doesn't get the ball here."

As they pan in on the action on the field, the play begins and they show Sanders taking the ball while the announcers excitingly call the play..but the play doesn't complete. You just see Barry get the ball and break free.

All-Pro Football 2K8
Available July 16th, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Here's an idea for a set of commercials and it's sort of similar to this situation: model them after the Mac vs. PC commercials. Set APF as the cool innovative up and comer and the other as the widely accepted yet stale standard. They could create a series of commercials talking about various gameplay/visual aspects while being funny and aping the Mac/PC commercials (which are brilliant imo). Sign Frank Caliendo (sp) to play Madden in the commercials spouting goofy Maddenisms ("truck stick!" "look at all those pancakes!")
these 2 sound real good to me..
Old 06-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky17
these 2 sound real good to me..
I agree, they are both great ideas. I think it's funny that companies pay these ad agencies millions of dollars to come up with stuff we can do for basically nothing. That was proved last year in the Super Bowl when that guy who made the ad for Doritos, just a common guy, scored like the 4th highest rated ad of the Super Bowl.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #30
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
I know most have seen it but makes me laugh every time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A5HFk9IMSBg
I loved those commercials!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #31
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Great Spank...!!! this is the only way to take on a giant.... I too feel the Mac commercials are very good... drawing stark contrast between the two desk top products.... I myself have a PC... however, the Mac ads do catch my attention... the points the ads make are very true and if I was on the fence about a Mac or PC that ad would weigh heavily....

I don't feel that 2K has to go head to head with EA to make bank.... but if they do want to tip folks in the direction that may want to put their toe in the 2K waters.... 2K's marketing has to step up with 1) cash 2) a tag line that calls Madden out...!!!! draws in the sand clearly what the differences are... and there are big differences.... this game should be targeting old school gamers... moreover, 2K could very well give rise to a whole new wave of older gamers that watched these legends play.... but never picked up a controller... I myself was one of those folk before 2Ksports came along....

PS... the Tracy Morgan ads were excellent...!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #32
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

It doesn't matter if the TV ads don't actually show the gameplay we want to see, we'll find that through sites like OS and IGN - with the amount of info on the 'net now the TV ads don't matter much to the more hardcore fan.

BTW, this was for hockey, but this was the funniest ad, IMO....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfSlgyuOo8g&NR=1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »