Home

APF 2K8 Website Updated.....

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 Website Updated..... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: APF 2K8 Website Updated.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The same thing applies to the stadiums. They could have made them interesing without giant animatronics, but they chose to go another direction. To me, that's a problem because it's hurts the immersion factor.
But we've only seen pics so far. In reality it's no different than cannon shots going off at Raymond James stadium, or [that sound] that goes off at the Vikings stadium. Or the various unique things that occur at baseball stadiums all over the country. We really don't know if the animatronics are intrusive, annoying, or cool as hell. Either way, don't think it should be brushed off because we see similar things in real life. If corporate sponsors paying millions of dollars to get their names on the stadiums were actually building the stadiums themselves, I think you'd see a much bigger corporate influence visually on those stadiums or arenas.

Either way, I don't think it's that big a deal. Personally I think the uniforms could've been better in terms of the color combinations and striping used, but that's a relatively small complaint - especially considering what VC had to do, as opposed to having a blueprint in front of it that they only had to follow. I'm sure the game will have issues; perhaps they will have made a wrong choice here or there. But they should be shown no less patience than people have shown with Madden or NCAA, and those games are in their 2nd/3rd iterations and are just getting to CG standards. In some aspects, such as announcing/presentation, that's still not going to be addressed. That's not a knock, just saying let's have some perspective

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

What is wrong with Payton's shoulder pads in that one pic, is it just me or are they sticking up really high? Other than that most of this looks good.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #43
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
I agree with the other poster about not needing another football game. Even without franchise I can see myself getting several hundred hours out of this.
I think people who play online much of the time could play this for a long time cause you can build your team to play other teams and try to make your team better and their could be endless combination match ups. but those people are the minority. And couldn't just playing a season mode and exhibition get a little boring(IMO)

When you have kids and a family you cant just hop online anytime you want thats when franchise mode comes in effect. And when you want to play your friends and co-workers thats where madden and NCAA comes in effect. I hope the game is a success even though i dont play it, but when i talk to regular gamers not in forums but from work, barbershops, family, friends, etc. nobody is checking for this game and i have asked over 30 males at the barbershop.

I hope this game is a success so that everyone can be happy with a football game.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
I think people who play online much of the time could play this for a long time cause you can build your team to play other teams and try to make your team better and their could be endless combination match ups. but those people are the minority. And couldn't just playing a season mode and exhibition get a little boring(IMO)

When you have kids and a family you cant just hop online anytime you want thats when franchise mode comes in effect. And when you want to play your friends and co-workers thats where madden and NCAA comes in effect. I hope the game is a success even though i dont play it, but when i talk to regular gamers not in forums but from work, barbershops, family, friends, etc. nobody is checking for this game and i have asked over 30 males at the barbershop.

I hope this game is a success so that everyone can be happy with a football game.

With fantasy drafts and cutomizable league setups, I could see season mode having quite a bit of variety as well. I understand the guys who really, really love the offseason stuff being upset about the lack of franchise though. Even when I played several seasons of franchise in Madden or 2K, that was always my least favorite part, and I just hurried through it to start playing games again, so I welcome the idea of being able to set up each season exactly how I want it.

Plus I plan to play online a lot and in some online leagues as well.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin
What is wrong with Payton's shoulder pads in that one pic, is it just me or are they sticking up really high? Other than that most of this looks good.
When a running back makes a pocket for a handoff the shoulder pads will go up like that. That picture is actually a good indication that alot of attention was paid to little animation details. This game should look really good in motion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #46
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
But we've only seen pics so far. In reality it's no different than cannon shots going off at Raymond James stadium, or [that sound] that goes off at the Vikings stadium. Or the various unique things that occur at baseball stadiums all over the country. We really don't know if the animatronics are intrusive, annoying, or cool as hell. Either way, don't think it should be brushed off because we see similar things in real life. If corporate sponsors paying millions of dollars to get their names on the stadiums were actually building the stadiums themselves, I think you'd see a much bigger corporate influence visually on those stadiums or arenas.
Most would agree that the Buc pirate ship is the most over the top stadium fixture to be found in the NFL. Let's compare that to APF:

I don't know see how anyone can dispute that the stuff VC has come up with is orders of magnitude more intrusive than anything to be found in the real world.

wharton was right in his earlier post, I have been leaning against a launch date purchase anyway (the only 2k game I've ever bought new was NFL 2k5). These screens have just made it easier to stick with that decision.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #47

OVR: 34

Quote:
I'm not sure I buy this. It's like the difference between the uni's on the cover, and some of the ones we've seen in the screens. The cover shot uni's looked familiar and plausible without being derivitive or boring. I was hoping that would be the approach to all the uni's in the game, but from the screens so far VC seems to have opted for a more "out-there" approach.

The same thing applies to the stadiums. They could have made them interesing without giant animatronics, but they chose to go another direction. To me, that's a problem because it's hurts the immersion factor.

I'll be honest-with NCAA coming out the same week anyway, and based on these screens, I just can't see myself buying this game on launch day.
Honestly, I think you're reaching.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #48

OVR: 34

Quote:
I don't know see how anyone can dispute that the stuff VC has come up with is orders of magnitude more intrusive than anything to be found in the real world.
What again are you saying is intrusive, the ref on the field?

Just asking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »