Home

Official All Pro Football 2k8 Trailer Impressions

This is a discussion on Official All Pro Football 2k8 Trailer Impressions within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2007, 01:22 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Official All Pro Football 2k8 Trailer Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
Did it occur to any of those who are complaining about being too skinny that these are players from a generation ago in some cases, where lineman weren't all over 300 pounds?
excuses...they are skiiny man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2007, 01:22 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Damn..Yall peep that gang tackle in the endzone.?...HOT!
I'm pretty sure that same animation was in 2K5. After watching the video a few more times, I am liking it more than before, but I still don't like seeing some of those old tackle animations in the trailer (Mid-air collision, Elway dive into endzone).

Other than that, the stumbling looked nice, and that route was wonderful to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing some more videos.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:24 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 28

Let's not cry too much about some players being skinny. The LAST thing we want is for them to do a Madden 07 360. Where the punter looks like he can kick the rock's ***. Or Eli Manning is suddenly transformed into a middle to over-aged muscle bound behemoth. I'll take some skinny before I have to go through that again.

PS: GOTTA LOVE THAT HORSECOLLAR!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 01:24 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 5

The first words that came to my mind when seeing this was "this needs work." That shouldn't come to mind on a game that's close to release.

The players are simply too skinny, and it's to the point that it looks silly. I'm sure we can get used to it over time, but the point is that we shouldn't have to. Doesn't SOMEONE at 2K realize that this is a problem and that the models need to be corrected? This really isn't simply a matter of preference; the models definitely need correcting.

Also, the frame rate appears to be off. Do we have a case of another New Gen football game not running at 60 FPS? And if so, why?

The animations look pretty much like 2K5. I don't think they're bad, but I don't think they are as good as they could be, and I'd take 2K5's models over these any day.

I'm still buying the game, and I'm hoping there is a editor for body types. Overall, it was underwhelming but satisfactory.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:27 AM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
excuses...they are skiiny man
Thank you....2k does make mistakes sometimes..Hopefully we can fix this with the edit function.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:27 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 4

I don't know but the video humbled me What was going on? It seemed like the game kept changing.. Sometimes good sometimes bad. The Players Need some Protien shacks BAD lol
Old 06-09-2007, 01:28 AM   #71
Chi-Town Hustla

deebo2246's Arena

OVR: 10

here is a thought about the skinny players. If you compare the size and smoothness of the animations could 2K possibly be using the euphoria natural motion engine in some of those screens we just saw. Especially the Elway and Payton shots

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fe51ZPL9aRE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2007, 01:29 AM   #72
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
The first words that came to my mind when seeing this was "this needs work." That shouldn't come to mind on a game that's close to release.

The players are simply too skinny, and it's to the point that it looks silly. I'm sure we can get used to it over time, but the point is that we shouldn't have to. Doesn't SOMEONE at 2K realize that this is a problem and that the models need to be corrected? This really isn't simply a matter of preference; the models definitely need correcting.

Also, the frame rate appears to be off. Do we have a case of another New Gen football game not running at 60 FPS? And if so, why?

The animations look pretty much like 2K5. I don't think they're bad, but I don't think they are as good as they could be, and I'd take 2K5's models over these any day.

I'm still buying the game, and I'm hoping there is a editor for body types. Overall, it was underwhelming but satisfactory.
were you watching it on a standard TV, and was it in the normal 4:3 picture, or was it a wide screen? because this is made for wide screen, which will make everything look skinny if it is on a "narrow" 4:3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »