Home

So do you think the safties will rule the defense?

This is a discussion on So do you think the safties will rule the defense? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
So do you think the safties will rule the defense?

I was in quite a few 2K5 online leagues back in the day and the first thing I always did was try to trade for the Best Safety's I possibly could. It seemed (at least to Me) that safties were the dominant position in 2K5 because

A. They were usually unblocked
B. When kept in coverage they were the most important players in pass defense.

For instance when I was the Bears in a few leagues Mike Brown always had almost twice as many tackles as Brian Urlacher, even though Urlacher was rated higher. I'm pretty sure this was for the pure fact that safties were usually unblocked and LB's, no matter how good would get slowed up by people in their way, even if they were not blocked.

Anyway do you think that Safties will still be the dominant position on D? Or do you think it might be smarter to pick up a Butkus before a Atwater?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: So do you think the safties will rule the defense?

I'm hoping this is not the case. Safety was the dominant position in leagues because of a few things. 1) The linebackers did not react well. Their recognition of run plays was slow UNLESS you ran a certain defense 2) Movement was a key issue, you could easily fool the A.I controlled players by the way you moved the RB. Both of these should be addressed. I played linebacker in all 2k games and I'm itchy to get back in the middle this year, but EA is going to let me play there this year too if the double team/combo blocking they have is up to par.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Safety's as well as corners dominated in my 2k5 experience.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Corners didn't do **** for me. I had some of the best corners in my franchise but they would either randomly stop running at times or for whatever reason they would move in slow motion and couldn't keep up with the reciever.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Good safety was key. I would start with A dline men, but not cheese him and run around the edges, and then i would read pass and switch to the DB for a manual pick.

The guys that controlled the safeties were very tough to play against. So what I would do is donwload their VIPS and figure out how to bait them into getting out of postion, then I started owning them.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »