Home

Anyone know what happens when you complete your 16 game season?

This is a discussion on Anyone know what happens when you complete your 16 game season? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #9
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Anyone know what happens when you complete your 16 game season?

IMO.. They should of went more the Ncaa route and used numbers with a good editing option. I've just got to use to playing franchise and a game without that feature seems to fall into the category of "ARCADE" and if I want that I'll just play Blitz.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #10

OVR: 34

I think "The Beast" comes out and eats your team.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammer
but how could they have a franchise with "old" legends and "rookie" legends. how would they decide at what point in their career they start? unless they didnt age, which makes franchise pointless, pretty much
How could they play together in a season then? Or even in the same game?!?!?!?!!? Oh no! Looks like we have to scrap the whole game!

The idea of these legends in the same leagues already stretches plausability. It would not have been a much bigger stretch to have allowed progression, retirement, and new fictional players coming into the league every year. They didn't add it because they are either really stupid or didn't have time to.

This is a great question thread starter. I'm not sure I will purchase this game if you have to restart the season after 10 games (I doubt it's 16 since there are so few teams).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
IMO.. They should of went more the Ncaa route and used numbers with a good editing option.
That's an interesting point. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they explored it, but it'd be relatively easy to execute. The NCAA just chooses to not let the games have names. I think the NFL could file suit if they're too similar.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4

So, I'm the ONLY one who thinks you got into a playoff mode at the end of the regular season (of however many games)? Depends on the number of teams, but at least two seperate divisions seem probable.

The winner from each of those plays in the "Championship game", after a division round, I'd guess. So, figure at least another TWO games for playoffs, then you start another season.

With an online league, you'll know a game or two into it whether the approach you took to building your team works. Not enough offense? Defense can't stop the pass? Which will have you eager to apply some changes in your draft for the SECOND online season you go through, etc.

Of course, some of that applies to the offline play too, but beating the computer never feels half as good as defeating a human opponent.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

I think it goes without saying there will be playoffs......uhh hopefully
Old 06-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
Seeing as how the game doesn't have franchise mode, does the game just end at that point and you have to start all over again?
Well, after the regular schedule ends in most professional sports, the playoffs start, lol.

Now, if the game were to end with the regular schedule I'd be tossing it out the window immediately after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammer
but how could they have a franchise with "old" legends and "rookie" legends. how would they decide at what point in their career they start? unless they didnt age, which makes franchise pointless, pretty much
Winning eleven does it. It just starts them at random ages and has them progress from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »