Home

EGM calls out 2k cover

This is a discussion on EGM calls out 2k cover within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EGM calls out 2k cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
You're right, it doesn't. It's only one opinion. But I'll betcha his opinion will turn out to be closer to those of the masses (i.e. people who aren't diehard 2k fans to begin with) than anyone's here at OS.
this isn't a kiss 2k butt messagefest. im interested in the game but does it mean i have to applaud every mood. cut coogr some slack, jeez. dude has been here forever.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

the cover really does make a difference to the uninformed.you would not believe the decisions made by people just based off a cover alone. it should not be like that but alot of people are that way. it makes me none at all, but i still wish they had a whole bunch of recognizable legends on the cover with their real photos the other legends names filling out the background.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #35
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogg
the cover really does make a difference to the uninformed.you would not believe the decisions made by people just based off a cover alone. it should not be like that but alot of people are that way. it makes me none at all, but i still wish they had a whole bunch of recognizable legends on the cover with their real photos the other legends names filling out the background.
Yeah, but a commercial that really knocks some socks off and has significant airtime means more than a cover.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2007, 03:38 PM   #36
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

The cover art on these games are very important in the marketing and sales of these games... especially new games that don't have an enormous following of a Madden or Halo, etc.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #37

OVR: 34

Quote:
I'm not "reaching" for anything. The purpose of cover art is to make consumers curious about the game inside. In his case, all it seems to have done is inspire cynicism. I'm fairly sure that isn't the reaction VC is hoping for.
Cynicism? I didn't see him doubting the playabilty of the game because he felt the cover was below average.

I think you are reaching. I'm not sure it's because you feel 2K is the beloved around here, and you resent or what? Most of your posts, in reference to All-Pro have a hint that you are celebrating the mishaps of the game. And it's all topical. The stadiums, cover art etc.

All this guy was doing was busting on the cover in the way a teenager would. Too assume VC has failed with their cover art, because of this guy's silly comments, is silly in itself.

If you listen to any of 1UP's podcasts, they sound like little kids that get excited about being able to use the F-word. Their value is of no use.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
If you listen to any of 1UP's podcasts, they sound like little kids that get excited about being able to use the F-word. Their value is of no use.

Unfortunately, that seems the represent the average random gamer that I come across online pretty well.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #39
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Cynicism? I didn't see him doubting the playabilty of the game because he felt the cover was below average.

I think you are reaching. I'm not sure it's because you feel 2K is the beloved around here, and you resent or what? Most of your posts, in reference to All-Pro have a hint that you are celebrating the mishaps of the game. And it's all topical. The stadiums, cover art etc.

All this guy was doing was busting on the cover in the way a teenager would. Too assume VC has failed with their cover art, because of this guy's silly comments, is silly in itself.

Quote:
I'm strictly talking about the cover, and I agree that it's not a make or break item. I just thought his reaction (and the reaction to his reaction) was interesting.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #40
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't know why everyone is pshyco-analyzing advertisements and cover-art...

The success of this game hinges on the quality of the demo on XBOX Live...If the demo is great then those of us who aren't 2K die-hards will buy it regardless of what the cover looks like...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »