Home

The Gentlemen From All Games.com Said It Wasn't 'Next Gen', But. . . .

This is a discussion on The Gentlemen From All Games.com Said It Wasn't 'Next Gen', But. . . . within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2007, 06:42 PM   #9
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Gentlemen From All Games.com Said It Wasn't 'Next Gen', But. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I think people think "graphics" when next gen is brought up and that shouldn't be the case at all. True, the graphics should be better, but graphics are not a huge thing to me.
But they said that the game was 80% done, so that means the stuff in the trailer is from when the game was less than 80%, because it was made in Jan. The photos that came out are more advanced in graphics than the trailer. . .
that's why I'm not worried anymore about the graphics. . . I was scared for a second though. . .
Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #10
MVP

wayne23's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
They said APF 2K8 has:

1. The advanced 'reach tackle' system. . . . .

2. Signature running styles, catches, movement, & celebrations. . .

3. 1000+ New animations in addition to the hundreds of animations that were in 2K5

4. Sideline characters & physical & verbal interaction with them. . . .

5. Improved hard tackles & reaction.

6. Improved DB play. . .

7. Improved passing with 3/5/7 step drops. . . .

8. 'Seamless smooth motion' I think one of them said. . .

9. 2K5 Engine. . . .(they kept saying this like it was a bad thing)

10. Advanced play calling options & intuitive adjustments & audibles. . . .

11. Custom playbooks & create a play. . . .

12. Feet dragging on sideline catches. . .

13. Late hits. . .LOL!!!!!

14. Real time injuries. . . .

15. Advanced Revolutionary attribute system (over 100 characteristics)

Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. . . . . . . . .

Now if this isn't 'Next Gen' then what is??? I'm not pointing these things out to attack these guys, I just want the guys who are 'on the fence' not to be fooled. . . I know that the 2Kers already saw the bias that these guys had , but look at what they REALLY SAID, not how they said it. What they described was a truly phenominal game & I truly commend these guys for a great review. I'm not being sarcastic. . .I don't care that you are biased, just give me the info. . .I don't care how you package it, just deliver. . .& they did. . . . Despite their bias, I can tell that they were truly honest. . .good & bad. They kept saying that 2K was better than Madden (even though they might not have known they were saying it) listen @2:40:21 when they start talking about it. . .

All throughout they kept reiterating 'This is 2K football' & ' This is the 2K5 engine. . .it's not NEXT GEN' & 'This just didn't WOW me' & 'If you like 2K Football. . .'

What else do you expect from 2K besides 2K Football????

Don't be fooled by the way they said things, they were just fighting against a bias to give the best review possible, & they exceeded my expectations. . .

Great post. I was thinking the same things.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #11
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

what is real time injuries? whats the opposite of this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I guess I'm the only one impressed by the graphics on this game. I mean, watching the HD trailer on Gametrailers.com truly demonstrates how good the graphics on this game are. The uniforms are perfectly detailed, with clean edges, bright colors, and decent numbering. The faces are showing expression, and the guys talk (when the QB is lining up behind the center, look at the chin strap of the Right Guard). The atmosphere appears to be insane (cameras, sideline extras, sideline players, etc.) with the entertaining stadiums thrown in the mix.

I'm a football fan, not an NFL fan. I watch NFL, college, Arena, NFL Europe....I watch it all. From the small tidbits I've seen in the trailer and the screens, this game seems to capture the essence of football. To top off the cake, IMHO, I see the game as having made a considerable improvement graphics-wise over NFL 2K5. It just appears to be cleaner and more fluid (from the trailer).

I know some are disappointed, but I truly think some of the people are falling victim to group-think. When you hear someone say it's not impressive before you actually take a look at the game, it's hard to have an open mind about what you see.

So, to all the people who think the game is subpar, take one more unbiased look at that HD trailer. I'm sure you will have to agree, this game will truly be remarkable.

*You know you're a football fan when you can watch an entire game of NFL Europe. Same situation as APF; teams are not known, players are strangers. But, they play the game of football and that's something I will always recognize. See if you can do the same!*
"Check out my game reviews on www.Popcultureshock.com": http://www.popcultureshock.com/index.php?author=84

Phi Nu!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm not worried about the graphics. I mean it can't look like crap, but they will be good enough and I'm hoping the gameplay is top notch.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #14
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
what is real time injuries? whats the opposite of this?
Someone else explain this. . .because I don't know how but I'll try:
On 2K5 & Madden you'll see the play unfold like normal (every play), but all of a sudden some guy comes up limping. . . .

It's not like real-time where you'll a dude running to the sideline, & some safety whacks him in the knee & you leg buckle & he falls with his ankle all contorted. . . & you see this & you say to yourself. . . 'Oh I hope he isn't hurt too bad. . ."
Old 06-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

The fact that you can pretty much make the NFL offline and edit just about every aspect of the game is the final Deal maker for me.

I was a huge NFL 2k5 edit guy,from finn's editor to making my own playbooks.

look for NFL 2k8 to only enhance that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #16
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Im not sure they were bias, I mean I look at it like everyone has their opinion, if he likes Madden and is used to it then what can you do..even if it was bias it didn't bother me. With all you typed up about this game the main thing he and all the ones on the show that spoke agreed that this plays like football, and it does that better than Madden of last year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »