Home

Saw this posted on the 2Kforums

This is a discussion on Saw this posted on the 2Kforums within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #17
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Saw this posted on the 2Kforums

No, I am excited by the trailer because I have been waiting for a 2k game for years. So if someone says "i played the game" I will read that thread with excitement. I am not going to judge how good the game is going to be before I get to play it myself.

Even though your friends said they will wait to play it, it sounded like the were throwing it under the bus to me already.

It's like saying to a poster "______ you sound like a jerk on here, you probably are one, but when I meet you I'll make my decision".
Old 06-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
For my own sanity, I'm hoping the game is great because if it isnt and I'm honest say it isnt, I'm in for a long weekend on this site. Thats also the reason why someone else from OS is coming with me and will be giving impressions. Just so people dont start throwing out the fanboy and bias names.

I talked with him already, feel bad for him too
Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with Aholbert.....

they were simply talking about their impressions off the trailer.

And I believe that alot of people have those thoughts at least going through their head at least once.

Again, based off the trailer there are some things that are quite puzzling about this game. Most importantly graphically.

I mean let's be honest here..... the 2k series has ALWAYS looked waaaaayyyyy better than Madden. So seeing the grphices in the trailer is definitely questionable....if not a let down.

I think they make a very good point..... 2k has been tight-lipped about any information about this game..... and we are FINALLY shown a trailer (that should inspire interest in a game we know little about) and we get this.

Even though, I want to play the game... the trailer DOES LEAVE alot to be desired.

The graphics do stand out as being behind.

I deep-down want his game to be great.... I still think it will be great. But there is no way I can sit and honestly say that h trailer has lowered my expectations for the game.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #20
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I just think people here have reading comprehension issues. I read the article and I didnt see Shawn or Mark say they that they thought the game would suck or that it was doomed. They said they were dissapointed with the trailer and hope that the game looks better when its released.
I concur. Basically we all want the news about APF to be good. If people hear anything good, happiness ensues. When people dont agree or think someone is not feeling it, they accuse them of not playing a full version. Or being influenced by things. But the reality is this, to each their own. A trailer should never be looked on as the definitive word on any game, we have seen the trailers suck and the game proceeded to rock, and the adverse also. Not to knock, but its how people continue to play Madden or 2K5. They fight the good fight for their brand. No matter if the features are up to snuff or gameplay lacks, they herald the good news or previews, dismiss, question or tear down the bad ones, and at the end of the day pony up the dough. I have been doing it for 10 plus years now.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
No, I am excited by the trailer because I have been waiting for a 2k game for years. So if someone says "i played the game" I will read that thread with excitement. I am not going to judge how good the game is going to be before I get to play it myself.

Even though your friends said they will wait to play it, it sounded like the were throwing it under the bus to me already.

It's like saying to a poster "______ you sound like a jerk on here, you probably are one, but when I meet you I'll make my decision".
You say this but wont provide evidence. Show me where they threw the game "under the bus"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

..... On my last post the line should read "has not lowered".

Thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #23
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

We all know a trailer means nothing. IT can make bad games look good and vice versa. Which is why a trailer should simply excite you because you know the game is coming. I personally saw a lot of good things in the trailer, but they are replay angles of course. Gameplay is what we watch 90% of the time.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think we all need to ask ourselves the following questions.

1.) Do opinions of game trailers truly matter?
2.) Are any of the negative impressions of APF 2K8 based on time spent with the finished product?
3.) Am I not going to buy APF 2K8?

I argue that #1 and #2 are both 'no's. And I'm pretty sure that if you're taking the time to read this post, you're most likely going to buy the game anyway. Sure, if you're excited about a game, you'll feel defensive about people who are badmouthing it based on very little information - but its not going to affect your decision to buy it... so I would just disregard it (unless, like I said, its based on actual experience with the finished product).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »