Home

Saw this posted on the 2Kforums

This is a discussion on Saw this posted on the 2Kforums within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Saw this posted on the 2Kforums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Whatever, I can take personal jabs from Aholbert if it helps him defend his friends. It's not a big deal.

I can assure you that I am not going to be part of any flame fest that ensues after his review..I can tell you that. Why? Because he will have experienced the gameplay firsthand (not just a trailer), and I respect his opinion. So mark it down, make it a sig or whatever, but I will not flame the man for his gameplay review.
Methlab,

Its not a personal jab at all. You threw your credentials out there so I commented back. The reading comprehension jab wasnt even about you specifically. I was talking about the website as a whole.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #42
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I think I just hate the fact that a game trailer would get reviewed by pros...period.
So - if no one's supposed to think anything about a trailer, why release it?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #43
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Whatever, I can take personal jabs from Aholbert if it helps him defend his friends. It's not a big deal.

I can assure you that I am not going to be part of any flame fest that ensues after his review..I can tell you that. Why? Because he will have experienced the gameplay firsthand (not just a trailer), and I respect his opinion. So mark it down, make it a sig or whatever, but I will not flame the man for his gameplay review.

Done and Done.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #44
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Methlab,

Its not a personal jab at all. You threw your credentials out there so I commented back. The reading comprehension jab wasnt even about you specifically. I was talking about the website as a whole.
Yeah, we all comprehend things differently. For example, look how people reacted to the Soprano's ending. That review just came off as harsh to me. But this all changes Friday when people finally dont have to speculate.

I hate game trailers almost now because they just dont even rep a game well. They are simply hype. The only one I can think of recently that really was exciting was the Gears one, which was just a super cool trailer and made me want a next gen system.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #45
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

Meth; u've been paraphrased kid...enjoy it.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #46
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusYoMindOnDis
Done and Done.
haha..you don't know me very well if you had to actually do that. But I am glad you did, because you will also delete it just as fast when you realize i am a man of my word. I also hope more people follow the example and not flame someone for an honest opinion of gameplay.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #47
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

Quote:
haha..you don't know me very well if you had to actually do that. But I am glad you did, because you will also delete it just as fast when you realize i am a man of my word.
Nah that will actually make you someone who i go to for game opinions and i will respect ur opinions and views in the process. Trust me there are a lot of whiners and flip floppers here. U keep ur word, u earn a ally.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash22
Im all for 2k (i haven't played the game yet), but at some point we have to accept that the game might be good and not great like most expect. Im getting the game day one, but in the back of my mind im starting to put facts together and it makes sense what people are saying. 3 years off and 2k is using us as test subjects to see if the game sells and if it does then they'll add the WOW "next-gen" factor, IMO thats not cool. IMO if you want your game to sell you better give the no questions asked, undisputed, Undeniable "NEXT-GEN" WOW factor. Not just say ok where gonna make a game and see if it sells off of blind faith. This doesn't change anything im still picking up the game day one, but 2k is going to need a lot more then the 2k faithful to turn a profit which will lead to another addition of this game.

Its only a game we're gamers and we should want the best

I believe VC has wanted to make another amazing football game all along. I have a feeling though that they spent most of the budget they were given on the legends(not sure if VC or Take Two would've been responsible for that) and were left with little to actually make the game. So, we get what would've been NFL 2K6 but without the license.

If it does well, they'll have more money to re-invest into developing a much better follow-up and if not, the hardcore 2K fans have another great playing, but not as graphically impressive as we'd like, game to play on the new systems instead of wondering if 2K5 will ever be BC.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »