Home

Uniwatch blog discusses APF

This is a discussion on Uniwatch blog discusses APF within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Uniwatch blog discusses APF

his point comes off as a bunch of whining about ******** stuff more than it does real impressions.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
his point comes off as a bunch of whining about ******** stuff more than it does real impressions.
Dude, it's a blog about uniforms. Let me restate that. The guy writes a blog just about uniforms. Of course it's dumb but that's his niche. You think he sits back and says things like "these are blue" and "sleeves make players warmer when it's cold"? No, he talks about what he thinks looks good and what doesn't. As TJ mentioned, he's not really dissing the game either, he's dissing the awful decisions made by NFL teams that APF decided to mimic. There are really some UGLY uniforms out there.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #11
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Good read.

It doesn't matter as much since :

A. This is an online game. Let's be real about it.

B. We can change the unis to look how we want them too anyway.

I'll take the unis they gave us, because lets face it..we will all be balling online with our own colors that we came up with ourselves. I think that is one of the coolest aspects of the game anyway and something this blogger would probably appreciate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Hey, any pub is good pub, right?
And you know this man.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

I can rememeber a whole lot of positive posts about Madden 07 as we all do.
If not here is one such example of the many.

IGN:
Quote:
The more I played Madden last year, the less I liked it. I've had the complete opposite feeling for Madden 07. Sure, there are still some flaws, but even if you just played Superstar mode, Madden is worth the money. This is the year EA Sports finally shows 360 owners what the series is all about, the trash talking, the head-to-head competition, the ability to create yourself and become a bigger star than the Seahawk on the box. Forget the curse, I'm headed to the Hall, one block, one IQ test, and two athletic parents at a time. This is the Madden gamers have come to know and love. Welcome back. Only next time, remember to bring Owner mode.

However how many people are actually saying anything close to the above about Madden 07 today ?

This is not EA's fault either. I dont think they are breaking legs of game journalist to write glowing reviews.

Fellas, please remember everything thats being said and by who. So when the revisionist history is told, it will not stand. Theres a whole lot of clowning now, but I believe there is gonna be a whole lot of crow being served July 17th. After the laughter, comes the tears.

Whats amazing about this year is as you read the writeups on NCAA 2008 and Madden 2008, it reads like a laundry list of things added to those games that 2K5 already had most of, and things added back that were left out in prior versions. I am glad all those things have finally come to pass, but they are heaping mounds of praise for this, while at the same time beating up on 2K for not only bringing you That which madden is finally giving you, but has built upon it, despite having to deal with not having a NFL license and having to make a fictinal league.

The stadiums are freaking unique and look great but they have spun that into a clown show.

The game lets you customize the uniforms and players and logo's, but despite this the default uniforms are all thats dwelled on.

Yet in the eyes of some this is a fair judging of the game. Cause, "You can't give them a free pass." Though it sure looks like EA is getting one for finally bringing you Madden 2008, "The NFL licensed version of what 2K5 was.....plus weapons."
Old 06-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I have absolutely no idea what any of that has to do with the Uniwatch article, but thanks for playing.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 21

Thanks for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #16
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Tombsong, the post may have come out of left field in relation to the thread, but I still think you made a ton of great points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »