Home

Uniwatch blog discusses APF

This is a discussion on Uniwatch blog discusses APF within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Uniwatch blog discusses APF

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about the Uniwatch blog discussing APF? My oh my has it gone off course. Either it gets back on course or it's getting locked up.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #50
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Game. Set. Match.

That's my argument in a nutshell.
it's not a good argument. if you can't identify anyone in these discussions who saw that Live had no franchise and raked them for it then there is no argument. this is becoming the new easy excuse... "if this was madden you all would...", "when live didn't have franchise everyone..."

if you saw joeposter all over Live06 and defending APF for the same thing, then by all means let him have it. but there are THOUSANDS of people on this site and it's very likely that different people criticize different games for different things. i personally don't care what anyone thought of Live06 b/c it was never on my radar, franchise or not. so sorry, there's no "game. set. match." on me or anyone else who didn't jump on Live06 being hypocritical on this issue that we actually care about.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #51
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
this is becoming the new easy excuse... "if this was madden you all would...", "when live didn't have franchise everyone..."
Unfortunately, too true.

I agree w/Uniwatch on the uniforms. I think VC could've done themselves a huge favor by putting more thought into the base uniforms to make them look cooler. Even something as small as making the numbers larger would do a lot to make them more distinctive. It's good that the game will have a uniform editor - hopefully an extensive one - but not everyone will be willing to go into redoing them. Although if it is extensive enough, it could give that sort of Forza-edit life to the game where people take pleasure/spend a ton of time designing their own uniforms.

Most of the uniforms shown so far are very unimaginative (or maybe too imaginative) and some of the color combinations clash somewhat harshly. Especially considering they have the freedom to have players display different sock lengths or various accessories that the NFL will fine players for (but players wear anyway) and that can't be done in Madden or NCAA. Hopefully the game is successful as this seems like a relatively easy thing to correct

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #52

OVR: 34

I think what appears to be hurting the style of this game is that there isn't a base to build on. Is there a league name, with logos that represent that league in a consistent color scheme? If so, these logos need to be on all the teams uniforms and also on the fields. Heck, call it the APFL.

From what we have seen so far, there doesn't appear to be a central focus to draw from. Maybe they are leaving it up to us to design things, but I feel that there needs to be a league name and then wrap that up in the presentation that is the 2K Sports Network.

Is it possible that they are very concerned about this game looking anything like the NFL that they are very barebones with it? That would be odd simply because you have 240 likenesses of guys that played there.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #53
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Unfortunately, too true.

I agree w/Uniwatch on the uniforms. I think VC could've done themselves a huge favor by putting more thought into the base uniforms to make them look cooler. Even something as small as making the numbers larger would do a lot to make them more distinctive. It's good that the game will have a uniform editor - hopefully an extensive one - but not everyone will be willing to go into redoing them. Although if it is extensive enough, it could give that sort of Forza-edit life to the game where people take pleasure/spend a ton of time designing their own uniforms.

Most of the uniforms shown so far are very unimaginative (or maybe too imaginative) and some of the color combinations clash somewhat harshly. Especially considering they have the freedom to have players display different sock lengths or various accessories that the NFL will fine players for (but players wear anyway) and that can't be done in Madden or NCAA. Hopefully the game is successful as this seems like a relatively easy thing to correct

The uniforms look great. Can't wait for the game. Be happy we have an alternative to madden. I know I am.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #54
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Unfortunately, too true.

Unimaginative? Too Imaginative? Come on. No one will ever be totally happy. So many of you cried and had such venom for EA for the last few years when 2k didn't produce a football game. Now that they have it's little whiney things about uniform numbers and colors and this and that. Jesus Christ, I know I don't have to read these posts but they are really getting ridiculous. Can't any of you be happy about anything. Didn't they say there was going to be a way to edit uniforms, but there is even doubt among you about whether that will even work.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #55
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Unimaginative? Too Imaginative? Come on. No one will ever be totally happy. So many of you cried and had such venom for EA for the last few years when 2k didn't produce a football game. Now that they have it's little whiney things about uniform numbers and colors and this and that. Jesus Christ, I know I don't have to read these posts but they are really getting ridiculous. Can't any of you be happy about anything. Didn't they say there was going to be a way to edit uniforms, but there is even doubt among you about whether that will even work.
It is possible to be happy about 2k returning to the genre, while at the same time thinking the uni's VC has come up with are butt ugly.

As for editing solving the problem, that's only true if it's possible to edit every team's uni. Personally, I doubt that will be the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #56
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It is possible to be happy about 2k returning to the genre, while at the same time thinking the uni's VC has come up with are butt ugly.

As for editing solving the problem, that's only true if it's possible to edit every team's uni. Personally, I doubt that will be the case.

Well hopefully for those that dislike the uni's it will be possible. As for me, I guess I'm easy to please. I have never been big on uniform's in any sport and I just want to play some 2k football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »