Home

Ap2k8 Hands-on preview from Vetzballin!!!

This is a discussion on Ap2k8 Hands-on preview from Vetzballin!!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2007, 06:56 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ap2k8 Hands-on preview from Vetzballin!!!

So much for the reasoning that franchise wasn't it because it didn't "fit". It's not in because they didn't have time.

They should be honest alot more often. It would be helped if the Thomases were never allowed to speak to ANYONE.

Besides that the reaction is pretty good, although I'm also not sure how Signal Stealer will turn out. It could be really cool or really stupid and unbalanced (moving further away from "sim").
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 14

Here we go with the franchise stuff again.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir
So much for the reasoning that franchise wasn't it because it didn't "fit". It's not in because they didn't have time.

They should be honest alot more often. It would be helped if the Thomases were never allowed to speak to ANYONE.

Who say's they're being honest now? Some people said they have been working on this game at least a year and half, while they said just under a year.

Some people will say whatever they can to cover their arse, although it does make sense.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
Sounds very good, except for maybe the signal stealer ability. Once a half or something would be OK, but if it's every play that would be ridiculous.
To me it would only make sense for Montana... Maybe Unitas.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown

Damn man, don't that #78 look a hella lot like... BERNIE MACK???

That's Marino's all time favorite left tackle, Richmond Webb!! He owned Bruce Smith!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:55 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 25

In the multiple previews that I've read, they almost all say that the player models are good. So hopefully that trailer was a very early build, because if thats what they look like in-game then I don't understand why everyones saying the models look good.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #71
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel3649
I get what you're saying. But I still think it will really add something to the strategy. You would have to have a pretty intricate knowledge of the defensive playbooks to see a play name, and in a few seconds, know where the blitz is coming from, and what kind of coverage your looking at. It sounds alot like real football to me, there is a whole lot of studying, and film work that goes on.

If theres a pratice mode, it will be really helpful to see and run your offense against all the defensive sets.
Doubt they'll show you just a play name. I'm sure all of your players' assignments will show up on screen just as if you had pulled them up to look while you are on defense.

I don't like the idea at all, especially for the fact that this one ability could be so dominating that eventually the best strategy may be to put Montana on your team everytime. Which will amount to online being kind of a joke.

However, if you have a finite amount of times you can look at the defensive assignments that's not so bad. But being able to see the play everytime does totally hinder the strategy as far as I'm concerned. Knowing exactly the where the holes in the coverage are makes hot routing an open guy much, much easier. I guess it doesn't matter all that much if you are calling a running play, but the element of surprise goes right out of the window if someone can read every coverage and blitz you're running.

Even if this Montana thing is as bad as I think, it will probably become sort of an honor code thing not to use him online. At least I could see that happening among the online players I used to play against.

And that screen shot looks great btw. Player proportions seem spot-on. The olineman is sporting a nice full-sized belly -- that's good to see.

Last edited by Deltron; 06-14-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't think they should make it so you can see entire play that they called. They should make it so you can only see part of the play. For instance, you'd just be able to see when a linebacker will blitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »