Home

Preview build at 80%???? Impossible!!!

This is a discussion on Preview build at 80%???? Impossible!!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Preview build at 80%???? Impossible!!!

Hot Damit!! no excuses APF 2k8 is 2k's last chance to keep a fanbase of 2.5 million according to 2k5's sales. You have to go all out on graphics, presentation, customization, ect in order to have any chance of ever making a APF 2k9 or 10. This game is sink or swim for 2k's football future.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It was an 80% build. They had a beta 360. That doesnt mean that the game is currently only 80% just that the version they showed me was at 80%
well going with the theme you 100% right because you played in the Beast stadium and scored a td and no Beast!! But we seen a recent screen shot of the beast stadium where the player scored and wala the Beast tearing up the score broad (and i doubt that was CGI lol)
Old 06-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #11
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

This game is making me think of some lines from the movie Jerry McGuire. I'm the saying to 2K

"Help me... help you. Help me, help you. " I've been a huge 2K supporter but

2K "You are hanging on by a very thin thread and I dig that about you! "
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #12
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7

Well I don't think it is the developers fault that this game is stripped down. It lies with the corporate management. Take 2 has serious financial troubles right now as they layed off lots of people. My guess is this game did not have the development talent that 2k5 had.

Florida Gators, MBA 2007
Football: 1996, 2006
Basketball: 2006, 2007

UNLV Runnin' Rebels, BS Business Administration 1999
Basketball: 1990
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #13
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

They copied an 80% build onto a disk and threw it in the 360 for the people to play. They didn't copy this build today, we don't know what they did today but I'm sure the game is more than 80% into it's development cycle.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
They copied an 80% build onto a disk and threw it in the 360 for the people to play. They didn't copy this build today, we don't know what they did today but I'm sure the game is more than 80% into it's development cycle.
Why wouldn't they copy the build today? It takes all of about 20 minutes to copy a brand new build over to an XBOX 360....so why would they not use the latest game version? Developers don't have to use discs on 360 development kits...even if they did, it's the same deal...how long does it take to burn a DVD? 30-40 minutes max?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #15
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't think 2k understands promotion and advertising not to mention word of mouth especially if people from influential websites are coming to see your new game. If you look at the publicly traded take two (TTWO) and it's financial problems, I guess it makes sense.
EA on the other hand knows how to hype, I just hope this year it's less sizzle and more steak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOIvan
Why wouldn't they copy the build today? It takes all of about 20 minutes to copy a brand new build over to an XBOX 360....so why would they not use the latest game version? Developers don't have to use discs on 360 development kits...even if they did, it's the same deal...how long does it take to burn a DVD? 30-40 minutes max?
I dont know what to say to convince you. Chau has been on the road for the past week or so previewing the game. Its not like he came to this meeting straight from APF headquarters. The last thing 2k would want to do is send Chau a more recent but less stable build and have that crap out on him. Video game sites may be understanding if the game crashes while previewing it but journalists from the Washington Post and ESPN may not understand it. I think they showed the 80% build because the retail version isnt ready.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »