Home

Sixty dollars is worth paying in any case....

This is a discussion on Sixty dollars is worth paying in any case.... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #41
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sixty dollars is worth paying in any case....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
How so? It's the same graphics as Madden 07, same lifeless crowd and robotic looking players. I have owned NCAA, I owned it last year on current gen Xbox and played the 360 version, so i'm not a total 2k fanboy who doesnt play other games. I am just not sure how people can say that NCAA looks "hot". What exactly are you seeing? Madden looks like it is much better then NCAA to me.

I am willing to bet that APF's gameplay will smoke NCAA's.
Agreed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #42
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Also, this is just my opinion, but the guys who just play against the computer and do a season are really missing out. I think football is the only sports game that really excels online if you are playing another sim player.
I have played a few games online and they were pretty fun although I found my opponents running less than 10 different plays a game when I did. Definately a different strategy but I love the dynasty and recruiting aspect of NCAA.

Besides, the general audience does not play online. At the community day the Utopia guys were pushing for online leagues and the EA reps showed them the numbers. They said even when you count players that only played one game online, the number of online gamers is miniscule compared to the people who just play offline. Its a big reason they don't put more resources into the online aspect.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Besides, the general audience does not play online. At the community day the Utopia guys were pushing for online leagues and the EA reps showed them the numbers. They said even when you count players that only played one game online, the number of online gamers is miniscule compared to the people who just play offline. Its a big reason they don't put more resources into the online aspect.
Wow. I would have assumed the vast majority of gamers buy games to play online, not offline. Very surprising.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #44
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

You play in a 2k sim league and I guarantee you will see more then 10 plays being run. That is a pretty bad generalization. It just sounds like you have not had a lot of online experience, which is fine, but I can assure you the best sim players utilize the entire playbook if they are going to win.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

I will gladly pay 60$ for one to support 2k second its 2kfootball. We have not seen the Completed game in person or any news on the official game. Think about this I do not think that with the position 2k is in right now they would not release the game if it was not functional. We begged for a game, we were constantly in the forums talking about it, we petetion for it, and now we are letting them down by renting the game. Give me a break they show us loyalty by putting this game out and look no loyalty to them. They thought they had fans alot of fans that would be happy that they are making a game. Its society in todays world people have no loyalty.

This world is empty here is no heart no where to stick the knife in to it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #46
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I have played a few games online and they were pretty fun although I found my opponents running less than 10 different plays a game when I did. Definately a different strategy but I love the dynasty and recruiting aspect of NCAA.

Admit it...you just like to duck me online. That's why you also haven't gotten a 360 yet, and stick with PS2.

But sooner or later Rudy, you will upgrade.

And when you do...
Me, Bangpow, Crimsonvoodoo, Nelson and Hank are waiting for you...

Come to papa....
Old 06-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #47
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Admit it...you just like to duck me online. That's why you also haven't gotten a 360 yet, and stick with PS2.

But sooner or later Rudy, you will upgrade.

And when you do...
Me, Bangpow, Crimsonvoodoo, Nelson and Hank are waiting for you...

Come to papa....
We'll see but Hank will get his butt handed to him in football games.

Edit: Here was the link for the comments on online leagues http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...=49472&page=17

It sounds like Tiburon would enjoy adding in some sort of online dynasty (heck, I'd just like to have back the stadium and jersey options ), but they have a tough time justifying adding in more online options. They have the number of users who go online....even if you count players who play online just once, the percentage of people who go online with NCAA is miniscule.

However, with the shift to next-gen consoles they expect more online gamers, thus creating the need to enhance online play.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 06-18-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #48
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

I think the problem with online games is that there are all of these people who play with different intentions (whether it is just go boost their record, or just to have fun, or just to play a sim game) and they are all thrown together. So as a player looking for a game, you really have to do some homework to either find an opponent or put together a network of players that play the game with the same intent as you. Otherwise, you are stuck playing a game that you will not enjoy and you have to then decide, do I want to waste the next hour in this mess or do I just quit and then hurt my online image.

The whole reason I play a game is for entertainment, which means, I want that other person to play close to my expectations. If that doesn't happen, then my experience is ruined. It's like you go to the park with your buddies to play a little basketball and then all of a sudden find yourself in a serious pickup game that you weren't intending on playing and your game of high spirits and laughs turns into a game of elbows and fighting.

I think 2K needs to come up with a better system of labeling players from the get go. %'s are misleading as players who lose tend to give bad ratings and players who win tend to give good ratings regardless of the actual game. Some people are just sore losers and will dock you for simply beating them up.

With that being said, online is always an option, but it's never guarantee'd that I'm going to enjoy the experience, which makes some sort of franchise/multi season mode a necessity for me. I have a 3 week old and just don't have the time to search for a game to play. Also, I don't think my opponents would appreciate me having to pause the game to change a diaper or feed my daughter. The Computer opponent, on the other hand, never minds a long wait and a 20 minute pause is never an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »