Home

Sixty dollars is worth paying in any case....

This is a discussion on Sixty dollars is worth paying in any case.... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Sixty dollars is worth paying in any case....

Quote:
Originally Posted by minelevation
I will gladly pay 60$ for one to support 2k second its 2kfootball. We have not seen the Completed game in person or any news on the official game. Think about this I do not think that with the position 2k is in right now they would not release the game if it was not functional. We begged for a game, we were constantly in the forums talking about it, we petetion for it, and now we are letting them down by renting the game. Give me a break they show us loyalty by putting this game out and look no loyalty to them. They thought they had fans alot of fans that would be happy that they are making a game. Its society in todays world people have no loyalty.

This world is empty here is no heart no where to stick the knife in to it
Wow, dude. These guys aren't your friends. They didn't make this game because they love you. They made it because they want to make money. I don't blindly give my money to companies for something I don't value in return. If it has value then I buy it; not out of blind "loyalty."

Why not just send a weekly donation check to the guys at 2k if you want to support them that much?
Old 06-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #50
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

trevytrev, i hear you. There will always be cheezers and glitchers, but that is what websites like OS are for. You can also find sim players on 2k's website forum. I got in a highly competitive league with high ranked players and it was awesome. I would reccomend putting out your gamertag on here when the game drops, and letting people know .."hey, i may have to pause the game now and then"..people here I think will be cool about it as long as it's not eternal.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #51
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

all i have to say is at least there is a choice again....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #52
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4

To me this whole issue is one of precedent.Sure 2K set a precedent for 20$ but it was for a last gen game, and their express purpose was to give people every incentive to try out their NFL licensed game in an attempt to grab market share/brand recognizability from EA. You could have bet your bottom dollar had NFL 2k6 been made, it would have been 39-49 dollars and it would have sold very well. And as far as precedent goes on next gen, the people giving 2k grief about a 60 dollar price tag is laughable given the absolute abomination that was madden 06 and to a lesser degree 07. All Pro will almost certainly be better than those two games, franchise or not, and to me that justifies the 60$ price.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #53
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
Wow, dude. These guys aren't your friends. They didn't make this game because they love you. They made it because they want to make money. I don't blindly give my money to companies for something I don't value in return. If it has value then I buy it; not out of blind "loyalty."

Why not just send a weekly donation check to the guys at 2k if you want to support them that much?

I agree whole heartedly.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad

ok what money are they going to make off this game?? this is for the fans yes it will sell not like their numbers on 2k5 It does not have the Nfl remember . I might be wrong about them not making their numbers but who knows. Question did you value 2k5,or any 2k product? If your familiar with 2k sports then you should know that they make games for their fans they listen to us. If it was about money and money only you would see the same thing that Ea is doing.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #55
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrim
A lot of people are complaining of the cost of AP2k8, but I personally feel that it's worth that in any case. Even if I'm a die hard Madden fan I would pick this game up just to satisfy my football itch for two months before Madden drops.

And then there are the so called die hard 2k5 fans that wouldn't even dream of playing Madden and still play 2k5 to this day. I would think that even with the missing features "in which some are major" that you would purchase this game just for the sake of having a new football game.

In my case I'm simply a football fan, so therefore I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to selecting a game. I'm going to buy them both and let it be decided that the one I'm still playing in the fall was the best game to me.......
Well Brim I agree with you...

Fact of the matter is, its a 2ksports game and it should be $60 regardless of anything else. No since in 2k dropping price. Like I've stated many times, that would show weakness in the market.

They have confidence in there product, and $60 will help the company's profit margin. And hopefully show them, that we appreciate the hard work and efforts at bringing football back to us, from the Visual Concepts camp.

Other companies drop mediocre products on the market daily on 360 and PS3, and people cough up that $60 in a heartbeat. No sense in 2k changing their prices to satisfy cheap customers...for every 1 customer who won't buy it at that price, there are 100's more that will....Not saying the minority doesn't matter...But realize its a business. And Visual Concepts and 2k have mouths to feed. So no need in everyone thinking it should be cheap, because its not an NFL game, or doesn't have a freak'n franchise mode, etc etc...

Look at what it does offer us, and justify that into the price itself, not to mention the year + developers and testers have dedicated to bringing this product, the cost of disc, paper for instruction manuels, cases, shipping cost, market cost, etc, etc......

$60 is a deal as it is for the 100 other titles on the 360 of that same price...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #56
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I have played a few games online and they were pretty fun although I found my opponents running less than 10 different plays a game when I did. Definately a different strategy but I love the dynasty and recruiting aspect of NCAA.

Besides, the general audience does not play online. At the community day the Utopia guys were pushing for online leagues and the EA reps showed them the numbers. They said even when you count players that only played one game online, the number of online gamers is miniscule compared to the people who just play offline. Its a big reason they don't put more resources into the online aspect.
I'm sure the article you're talking about was speaking mostly of current gen. PS2 has always owned current gen and it's had the most diverse fanbase. The xbox was mostly where people would play online. XBL was heads and tails ahead of what the PS2 offered, not to mention all broadband. The 360 and PS3 are the xbox on roids in terms of online play, and that will draw the fans in just like it did on the xbox... and both of these systems are pushing for it to draw them in. So it's silly to NOT make a game with that in mind.

It makes perfect sense for EA to focus on what's made them so much money, and if that means online is left out for them then so be it, but I thought that was funny the first time I heard it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »