Home

The Logic of Legends in This Game

This is a discussion on The Logic of Legends in This Game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: The Logic of Legends in This Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Actually the legends part is what has me the most pumped on this game. Especially since so many of them are from the era's that made up my formative years. The ability to play a next gen game with players I grew up with is quite appealing to me.
I feel the same way!
Old 06-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #10

OVR: 34
Re: The Logic of Legends in This Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Well what do you suggest they put, NFL players in the game. The ONLY way this game even gets off the ground is too have legends in the game.

Everyone on this board seems to forget that without legends there would be no football game.

Second, I actually think, done right legends has the ability to be a big seller. How many games can you play as Johnny Unitas. I'm not talking about someone with a name on its back and in a blue Colt jersey. Madden's Johnny U is only by name and not style.

Plus if they get this new ratings system down, it might play like a totally new game.

Lastly, here's where legends help the game. I don't think this game could have a regular franchise mode and be any good. Too many questions on how to handle the legends from their age, to their ability of progression, injuries etc. If you have legends and you draft out a team, you have endless replayability. One season you might draft Joe Montana, and in another season you might get John Elway, Sharpe and Lott.

Another game took on EA Sports called Winning Eleven, it has the single most featureless game in any sports game. Called the Mster League. Yet you can play season after season because the gameplay is so good. I think the replayability will be endless if and only if they let us add our own legends to the game. In a matter of months, most of the APF community will have created the "best of" teams, legends from the start of football to the stars of today. If this game has the features to let the community mold this game into something special, you will be playing season games with Peyton Manning versus Joe Montana, LT will be lining up against LT. If this is the game that's made, and I hope it is, I will be playing it non-stop without a franchise mode.
You make good points, and I think it'll be exciting to do what you mentioned. For me, the franchise issue is simple, you start these players at their early age and have their play time an estimated 10 years. I don't see the problem in having a franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »