Home

Will you be buying this game to support the future of 2K football?

This is a discussion on Will you be buying this game to support the future of 2K football? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #17
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Will you be buying this game to support the future of 2K football?

Nope...the game doesn't seem to have much to it...for 30 bucks yes....60????? NO!
Old 06-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Like some one else said, brand loyalty, to me seems absurd. These companies exist to profit, not to provide a service of pleasing it's customers. I'll buy the best game, not a subpar game of a company I happen to have a bit of a soft spot for.

This may be the first year that I blindly buy Madden at full price
lol, you specifically say you'll buy the best game and then follow it up by saying you're blindly buying madden.

basically you're going to make your decision on what you've heard from each... without seeing or experiencing any gameplay. but you buy the best game.

i know many are upset about no franchise and the lack of presentation, but i hope you guys plan on at least trying the game before writing it off as a bare boned, overpriced piece of crap. or don't I guess. but please don't come to this forum after the game comes out making the same arguments to those who love the actual gameplay, basing your thoughts on previews and feature lists.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #19
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

No, I won't be buying this game to support 2K Sports.

I will be buying this game to support my love of football gaming.

I'll be buying because I think it's gonna be the best Next Gen football game ever, with only 3 things that I wanted to be in the game missing (and maybe even just 2):

(1) First Person Football

(2) The extra presentation

(3) A gorilla logo (and that may be in there, but Aaron didn't see it)

Last edited by 2krules; 06-16-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #20
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
i know many are upset about no franchise and the lack of presentation, but i hope you guys plan on at least trying the game before writing it off as a bare boned, overpriced piece of crap. or don't I guess. but please don't come to this forum after the game comes out making the same arguments to those who love the actual gameplay, basing your thoughts on previews and feature lists.
And you know what's really funny? The thought of someone not buying this game because of lack of presentation, but then buying Madden. Even though this game sounds like it will have less presentation than 2K5, it will still blow Madden's presentation out of the water.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32

Nope. I am buying because of the game engine. Franchise modes in all console games are broken anyway. Just check the message board. Most hardcore console gamer end up controlling 32 teams to get a realistic franchise mode. I purchased both NFL2k and Gameday 98 without a franchise mode and I am more than willing to buy 2k8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2007, 06:31 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

Oh, and speaking of supporting a game? I'd love to see 2K have a download or two of new Legends players (they get signed AFTER the game goes gold) along with a couple new stadium designs and logos.

Yes, that means a team called the Silverbacks, with a gorilla logo, playing in a stadium called the "Jungle Highlands". You could have a giant mechanical ape throwing feces at the opposing teams fans after every TD!! Or not.

We should get the first one free, and a few dollars for the rest. This would also keep the game FRESH for many, as you try new players and team looks. With a two year development cycle, it makes sense.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #23
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
Oh, and speaking of supporting a game? I'd love to see 2K have a download or two of new Legends players (they get signed AFTER the game goes gold) along with a couple new stadium designs and logos.

Yes, that means a team called the Silverbacks, with a gorilla logo, playing in a stadium called the "Jungle Highlands". You could have a giant mechanical ape throwing feces at the opposing teams fans after every TD!! Or not.
Ha ha ha! Oh, you know me so well!

I love your downloads idea.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I don't buy games to support a companies future endeavors, I buy games to play them if they are good. So yes I'm buying the game but not to support the future of the series, but just to have and play this game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »