Home

Game Killer?

This is a discussion on Game Killer? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #57
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Game Killer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFBACKLASH
It's quite simple actually. If they allowed mulituser seasons a player could just select all of the teams and recreate the NFL (sans logos and about 12 teams) since you can customize your team. This precisely what they're trying to avoid.

Whether you agree w/ it or not, VC's decision to stay in the NFL's good graces is the reason a lot of customization options got the axe.
So in other words, this game wasn't made for the "die-hard 2K fans", it was made for the suits who own the rights to the NFL?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:06 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
So in other words, this game wasn't made for the "die-hard 2K fans", it was made for the suits who own the rights to the NFL?
Law Suits are real.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #59
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangauler
If this were ten years ago, I wouldn't have an issue with the lack of franchise, but when every other football game released this year is going to have a franchise mode, it's pretty lame. I know the online is going to be big for a lot of people, but for just as many, it's not a big deal.

Everybody who blindly backs 2K and gives them a free pass for the lack of franchise/manager mode is too busy drooling over the fact that 2K is FINALLY going to release a football game to stop and think that they COULD have done more with this one (featurewise).

I was THE biggest 2K5 guy (none of my friends would sway from Madden), but so far it looks like NCAA is going to be the game to beat this year....and I'm not a huge college football guy either.
Who's blindly backing 2k? At this point, anyone defending this game has to write a book to explain their point b/c so many don't even want to listen. Of course it appears they could've done more with this game. I never understand people getting so disappointed... especially without even seeing the game. I've yet to see a game that I didn't think could've/should've been better. No franchise is a big blow, and nobody's giving them a "pass" for that. But I'm not going to miss playing a game with what seems like the best AI, animations and gameplay I've ever seen. And that doesn't mean it'll be earth shatteringly good. It just means it sounds like it'll be the best we've seen to date.

All these years of bitching about gameplay issues and it sounds like a game is finally trying to take em head on and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
a sports title having no franchise/multiple season modes these days is like an action genre game only having one level/mission.

The game may be terrific on the field, but how much replay value is it going to have...especially for single players?
Who knows? Why don't we wait and see? Seriously, all you guys saying it's gone from a must buy to a rental, most definitely... that makes a lot of sense. The game's strengths will be in the gameplay... if they don't pull it off, the game won't sell a bit. But if they do, all of those rentals will end up being purchases. Can't know until you play the game. Things like presentation and franchise... we can read lists of features and see screenshots and drool until the game comes out. But with gameplay, you gotta play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
I thought the die hard 2k fan cared more about gameplay than anything else. Based on the fanbase being built on 2k1 and taking a huge jump with 2k5, I'd say the die hard 2k fan is also an online player. I'm not trying to discredit all you guys who live in franchise, but the die hard franchise player gets madden.

Obviously there are a lot of people who are die hard franchise and 2k, but if they had to choose to cut time on something big what else do you think it should've been? The gameplay and online are the two things that will make it stand out as a madden alternative. They both give madden purchasers a reason to buy this game also.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFBACKLASH
Whether you agree w/ it or not, VC's decision to stay in the NFL's good graces is the reason a lot of customization options got the axe.
Eh.. I saw that but I ain't buying it.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Shouldn't someone at least play the game first. I spend most of my time off line in practice mode.
Grunt, we know what we're used to with our sports games nowadays. We know what features this game has and what it lacks. It lacks important features in sports games. So for me, it is half assed. what's this, Tecmo Bowl?

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

Last edited by SoMiss2000; 06-17-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 10:10 PM   #62
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Grunt, we know what we're used to with our sports games nowadays. We know what features this game has and what it lacks. It lacks important features in sports games. So for me, it is half assed.
how is it half assed if they have been working on it for three years. this is their first next gen football attempt. remember madden 06 for the 360? worst game ever made. it is not half assed in my opinion. an important feature for most is franchise. but they cant put one in because their is no history behind the teams.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Grunt, we know what we're used to with our sports games nowadays. We know what features this game has and what it lacks. It lacks important features in sports games. So for me, it is half assed. what's this, Tecmo Bowl?
Madden/NCAA didn't have double team blocking and people (I did) still played the game. Making odd fronts useless in the game. Now, that what I call half assed but for each his own.

Peace
Old 06-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #64
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Honestly, that makes Madden and NCAA half assed then b/c online leagues have been possible since 2k1 and built in since 2k5 on xbox and ps2. The 360/ps3 are built for online gaming, all the way down to the demos, ability to rent movies and mini games. It's half assed to ignore online gaming. They're living in the past. What is it, Tecmo Bowl?

They said in the GI article they focused on improving the gameplay. Everything heard about the gameplay sounds great and everyone who's played it has loved the gameplay. It's half assed b/c they have a different focus?

Is it smart? I think so but we'll see. But it doesn't seem half assed at all.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »