Home

Maybe final version will have great presentation?

This is a discussion on Maybe final version will have great presentation? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #9
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Maybe final version will have great presentation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Maybe the final version will have the NFL too.
that's messed up, lol.

I think Aaron asked AC and was told it wouldn't be any different than release. We should just wait to see what "no presentation" means. The reason we like the presentation is b/c it pulled us into the game more... enhanced the playing experience. There's a chance the other things they've added can fill that need. The BIG things in presentation, imo, were all in franchise anyway. The halftime show will be missed, but remember we can still pretty much replay the entire game, play by play so "less than 2k5" doesn't necessarily equal "bad".
Old 06-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
Maybe 2K is pioneering the next stage in interactivity with Do-It-Yourself presentation. After you score, you can throw a football to yourself and run around the living room.

Think of the pounds you'll lose.
I think if that were the case they would've made it for the WII
Old 06-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #11
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

ok, so give me one legitimate reason why all of you think there is not great presentation in this game? have any of you actually played the game and seen its presentation? so they havent sad anything about the games presentation. WOW. theres probably a lot of other stuff in this game they havent talked about either. dont make blind predictions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #12

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
that's messed up, lol.

I think Aaron asked AC and was told it wouldn't be any different than release. We should just wait to see what "no presentation" means. The reason we like the presentation is b/c it pulled us into the game more... enhanced the playing experience. There's a chance the other things they've added can fill that need. The BIG things in presentation, imo, were all in franchise anyway. The halftime show will be missed, but remember we can still pretty much replay the entire game, play by play so "less than 2k5" doesn't necessarily equal "bad".
I think it'll resemble something along the lines of NBA 2K8. I agree though. The problem we have here is how impressive Chris Burman's halftime report was. How do you not build on that and put it in APF 2K8?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #13
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
We all have been hearing rumors of about the game not have a good presentation and no halfime/end of game show, the presentation that we have all come to love about 2K sports. Well if you think about it all the people who have seen and played the game so far have only played a 80% demo of the game so far. Basically they were invited to these events just to see some gameplay and not the final version. So there's still hope that the great presentation will be in the game. I remember last year when news and early previews of NBA 2K7 came out, there wasn't much presentation shown and there was no mention of it having a haltime/end of game show presentation, but when the final product was done and put in stores, it had the traditional 2K presentation. So guys there's still hope, if they know 2K fans, then they know we want great presentation, they may still put this in the game before its released, or they better put in a downloaded online patch for after its released. Anyway lets just hope the developers pay attention to these forums and see what we want.
I feel yah bud ...but this is a reach
Old 06-17-2007, 10:55 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
ok, so give me one legitimate reason why all of you think there is not great presentation in this game? have any of you actually played the game and seen its presentation? so they havent sad anything about the games presentation. WOW. theres probably a lot of other stuff in this game they havent talked about either. dont make blind predictions.
From aholbert's write up after playing the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert
One negative is the presentation. There is a very barebones halftime show, no pregame show or intro and the stat overlays are very infrequent and have look bad. The biggest presentation feature is the Field Pass. The Field Pass is a closeup of a player while they shout out instructions or talk trash on the field. It’s a decent feature but it kind of reminds me of those cutscenes in Madden that get repetitive after a while.
Check out this thread if you haven't already for his impressions:
Official OS APF Media Day Impressions Thread
Old 06-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Thank you, so nobody is making blind predictions, aholbert and other people who played the game before him also said that they did not see any haltime, pregame or aftergame presentation when they played the game. But you do have to remember that this was a 80% demo, so there's still hope for the final product. Also it would be kind of odd for 2K to take this out of there game, one of the things they are praised on. But like I said earlier, NBA 2K7 early build didn't have these things either, but later on was in the game. So there's still hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »