Home

What Will Your Strategy Be For Making The Perfect Team

This is a discussion on What Will Your Strategy Be For Making The Perfect Team within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: What Will Your Strategy Be For Making The Perfect Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
football games are won in the trenches...its the not so glorious positions like OT and DT that determine whether or not the glorious positions suceed (QB, RB, ILB). so, with that philosophy, I will build my O-line and D-line first and foremost. Not sure if I will use one gold star pick on a OT or DT/DE or use most of my silver picks on a OT or DE/DT. I have to see whos offered on what level. I might use a gold star pick on a DE like Deacon Jones and save my other gold star pick for one of the glorified positions like RB or ILB. if this is the case, then two silver picks will be on the O-line and the other silver pick goes for a run stopper DT like "The Refrigerator". Should one gold pick be used for a RB then I have to fill up the middle of my defense with two bronze picks at ILB and FS. that leaves me with 4 bronze picks left. I have to get a QB at this stage. maybe a super bowl winner like Jeff Hostetler. With three picks left I get a cover corner, a WR, and probably a TE. So, I have a Hall of Famer, probably one of the best defensive players of all time, at DE. a Hall of Famer, probably one of the best offensive players of all time, at RB. surround a guy like Payton with a solid O-line, QB, and WR. Defensively, surround Jones with a quality support group at DT, ILB, and FS.

I could possibly go with two gold star picks on defense in the vain of Deacon Jones and Singletary, spend three silver picks on the O-line, bronze picks on a DT, QB, RB, 2 WR, and FS. Theres alot of different angles I can disect but the main focus is O-line and D-line, and try to build from there with a solid cast.

Now that I think about it, this is getting very intersting and really puts a personal stamp on what type of football philosophy an individual is implementing. I might have to start playing online again.
just from the video you can see a lot of TE's, so having a heavy run game especially that runs 'stretch' plays, it would be perfect to have a stud at TE...maybe Ditka

There are tons of possibilities, I can't wait for this title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Marino to Rice
Old 06-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman242
just from the video you can see a lot of TE's, so having a heavy run game especially that runs 'stretch' plays, it would be perfect to have a stud at TE...maybe Ditka

There are tons of possibilities, I can't wait for this title.
This thread has made me realize something, I initially won't be able to have Barry Sanders on my team because if I have to build a team I want, it must be defensive minded. I will take Marino at qb, and since I want to run a 3-4, I have to have two gold linebackers, Singletary, and Lambert. I then will use the silver players for my nose tackle and corners. It looks like bronze for wr's and oline. I wanted Barry Sanders, but I don't see how I can fit him in. This game is forcing everyone to think like a GM right out of the gate. If you build your team poorly, you won't win. Man, I can't wait for this one.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
This thread has made me realize something, I initially won't be able to have Barry Sanders on my team because if I have to build a team I want, it must be defensive minded. I will take Marino at qb, and since I want to run a 3-4, I have to have two gold linebackers, Singletary, and Lambert. I then will use the silver players for my nose tackle and corners. It looks like bronze for wr's and oline. I wanted Barry Sanders, but I don't see how I can fit him in. This game is forcing everyone to think like a GM right out of the gate. If you build your team poorly, you won't win. Man, I can't wait for this one.
You won't be able to have Marino and 2 gold LB's. That would be 3 gold players right there and you only get 2.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
hahah, you can't even have marino though, or you have to give up singletary or lamber. you only get 2 gold's
Old 06-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman242
hahah, you can't even have marino though, or you have to give up singletary or lamber. you only get 2 gold's
What?! Man, I guess I have to drop Lambert and go with a silver linebacker to compliment Singletary. It is going to take about 3 days to build a good team that you can compete with, until you go online and get killed and have to start all over. It is going to take a lot of experimenting to come up with a competitive team.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
What?! Man, I guess I have to drop Lambert and go with a silver linebacker to compliment Singletary. It is going to take about 3 days to build a good team that you can compete with, until you go online and get killed and have to start all over. It is going to take a lot of experimenting to come up with a competitive team.

Well, remember that no one else gets any more gold or silver players than you. No matter which guys you pick, if you play well and execute the style that suits them best, you should be an above average player online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 11:35 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
Well, remember that no one else gets any more gold or silver players than you. No matter which guys you pick, if you play well and execute the style that suits them best, you should be an above average player online.
True. This game should really be interesting. You cats are not ready to face my Ninja blitz!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »