Home

gaming age preview w/ new screens

This is a discussion on gaming age preview w/ new screens within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #329
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: gaming age preview w/ new screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Boy after going to check out the NCAA vids again, i can't believe people came over here to bash us for liking screenshots here. I saw the MICH OSU snow game and laughed for 5 minutes. What a joke...I can't wait to see some gameplay tomorrow from APF because so far all the football games are not looking that impressive this year.
No need for your NCAA vid impressions in the APF forums. Thank you.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #330
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Boy after going to check out the NCAA vids again, i can't believe people came over here to bash us for liking screenshots here. I saw the MICH OSU snow game and laughed for 5 minutes. What a joke...I can't wait to see some gameplay tomorrow from APF because so far all the football games are not looking that impressive this year.
Hahaha... I'm glad I wasn't the only one. It looked like they were playing no top of a pillow or something... no footprints... no sidelines... nothing but white... snow... everywhere. I didn't know whether to stop laughing or start shaking my head in amazement.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #331
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
When I talk of standards being set, I mean that which has been set by VC in all of their sports titles. These guys wanted nothing less than 60fps with their games and got it with the exception of MLB. I still think NHL 2K7 is the best example of how a framerate should be in a sports game. It's the quality they have put out that makes me question why APF doesn't seem to have the same. I say "doesn't seem". We still haven't had any in game videos, and we know those will tell a lot.
I hear you but I think there needs to be room left for error with all games too. If you think about it, football games have 22 guys all doing different things at the same time but basketball games still haven't come close to that. Live even tried but obviously that didn't work out to well. So I wouldn't say NBA2k8 doesn't look promising b/c it can't do something the football game can do. That's an extreme example but you know what I mean. I think if there were absolutely no changing variables then a lot of YOUR complaints would be 100% valid... like going from 2k4 to 2k5 for example. In this case, I feel your disappointment but just don't see it as them completely falling on their face or "dropping the ball" as many have said. I do understand where you're comign from though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta07
yes , i would love if someone could post some side by sides of jerry because to me he looks PERFECTLY LIKE HIS REAL SELF AND SIZE IN APF. as far as the DE subject , im sorry but im just not seeing what you are saying man. once again let me be clear on this , no disrespect to ea but i just dont see how any of this is worse than seeing martin gramatica lining up for a kick looking larger than scott steiner . and lastly , yes that ONE shot of jerry does look a little funny but once again ive found plenty of madden shots that look FAR FAR WORSE. this is true.
The DEs he's talking about were in earlier shots (and maybe the trailer?) and honestly, some of the new shots of Rice (at least one) is pretty bad too. The thing is some will focus on the ones that look great and others will focus on the ones that look awful and based on the total of the pics, everybody's right. I personally think the game will look like the best pic or video we see b/c I can't really understand how there'd be just clips of bad models but the rest are good or something like that. But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
i know this thread is about the graphics and i have to say i think they look good. Are they true to life or next gen? No, but is Maddens either? In the end does it really matter because we are all going to be satisfied this year because those of you who prefer one game over the other will buy the game you desire. Sure one games graphics may be better then another but to what extent. For that matter it all comes down to preferance anyways.

Its also importannt to remember that what keeps us playing the games we love is actually playing them. Sure graphics can enhance that and in both cases graphics definately will not take away from that experience. If your a madden lover it looks like this years title is very promising and will please you. If you are a lover of the 2k series as I am, I'm pumped because I know the gameplay will rock as reviews have said. In one game you will will have match ups of Tom vs Payton in the other Montana vs Marino. Hell, I think its gunna be unreal in either case for all fans. Hats off to 2k for making this product eventhough it is way overdue. I'm sure if this game gets the support we will continue to have choices and all fans can be happy.

2k crowd why fight when you know it wont matter you have your mind already set on buying and loving the game. Madden guys you know its the same case for you. Keep stuff in perspective they are both just videogames meant to be please the buyers and that is exactly what they will do.

I know this is getting long, but this doesnt mean you cannot critize 2k or Madden for what it is because only in that way will both get better. Bashing the games however does not lead to a better product in the future but rather just more arguing.

Ok thats my two sense if its worth anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
guess my post went over everyones heads as people still argue... ill never understand it
great post man... it didn't go over our heads. the arguing won't ever stop, but hopefully you've helped a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »