Home

Now is the time

This is a discussion on Now is the time within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #73

OVR: 34
Re: Now is the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
They may be scrambling to squeeze in another feature or gameplay tweak right now. It' very much down to the wire, as final code needs to be tested... Well, right about NOW to get it out on the 16th of July.

Should they stop to create videos or more screenshots? Actually, that would be nice, and not asking too much really, but it depends on manpower.

I'm more convinced all the time that 2K has a small development team doing APF 2K8, with a small budget, and little hope for serious advertising money.
That very well may be the case. In fact, is it possible they are asking internet sites to hold off on releasing any gameplay videos? When you think of it, most of the videos we usually get come from places like IGN, Gamespot etc.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm still disappointed that this week came and went with no video.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:27 PM   #75
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

^for me it's simple I buy NCAA 08 now and THEN Madden in Aug and then NBA Live 08 since 2k can't put togtehr any good hype
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #76

OVR: 34

I just spent some time over at 2K's site and looked at the videos they have archived for their sports games. All they have available is trailers and TV spots.

There are no ingame features or videos that show someone playing the games.

Clearly, the content we are all looking for is going to be provided by the main internet media sites. The questions is, "Is 2K requiring them to wait before any information is released?"
Old 06-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 12

What people seem to forget is that even if 99.9% of all people on this board buy the game, its not enough.

There is no one on this board that can justify 2ks marketing strategy.

Believe what you will, but the game is done. There is no way to finish a game, get it pressed, send it for approval, get it to distribution, and then get it to the stores all in a couple of weeks.

Money is of no importance in marketing either. The video that the fan did of the old trailer cost 2k nothing. 2k does visit this board. Just look at the NBA 2k section and you will see dialouge back and forth from the devs and players.

Some videos that 3rd party people here on this site have done...far and away blow anything any released trailer has shown.

In the internet age, marketing is free if you choose for it to be. All it would take is to take a person from this forum that makes unbelievable videos, give them some footage or gametime...allow them to make a video...and that fan can post on youtube or something. Within hours, and its been proven before....all major gamesites will have this footage and it being discussed.....and its FREE!

2k is screwing the pooch on this release.

It is in the best interest of everyone...2k fan..Madden fan...Fever fan...10 yrd fight fan...etc..for this game to succeed. Competition makes everyone better, and in this case...everyone would win.

However, since this has already been stated that it isnt an annual release....the arguments for maybe next year can already be put to rest.

The fact that Chau himself said that if this game doesnt do well...this is the end of the series is critical.

Its like 2k wants this to fail from the start. By having no marketing at all to any of the major gamesites....very few people outside of the sports forums know its coming out.

The people they need to market it to isnt us, its the ones that dont know its coming.

There is not 1 marketing decsion so far that can be justified.... Not cost, not marketability, not release date, not missing features.....nothing.

The only thing that can be justified from anyone from any marketing standpoint whatsoever, is that they either A) know the product will fail....or B) Just dont give a damn.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is really bad on 2k's part still no info! If people buy other games and not AP2k8 then they deserve it, they are getting killed with the release of info.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #79
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
What people seem to forget is that even if 99.9% of all people on this board buy the game, its not enough.

There is no one on this board that can justify 2ks marketing strategy.

Believe what you will, but the game is done. There is no way to finish a game, get it pressed, send it for approval, get it to distribution, and then get it to the stores all in a couple of weeks.

Money is of no importance in marketing either. The video that the fan did of the old trailer cost 2k nothing. 2k does visit this board. Just look at the NBA 2k section and you will see dialouge back and forth from the devs and players.

Some videos that 3rd party people here on this site have done...far and away blow anything any released trailer has shown.

In the internet age, marketing is free if you choose for it to be. All it would take is to take a person from this forum that makes unbelievable videos, give them some footage or gametime...allow them to make a video...and that fan can post on youtube or something. Within hours, and its been proven before....all major gamesites will have this footage and it being discussed.....and its FREE!

2k is screwing the pooch on this release.

It is in the best interest of everyone...2k fan..Madden fan...Fever fan...10 yrd fight fan...etc..for this game to succeed. Competition makes everyone better, and in this case...everyone would win.

However, since this has already been stated that it isnt an annual release....the arguments for maybe next year can already be put to rest.

The fact that Chau himself said that if this game doesnt do well...this is the end of the series is critical.

Its like 2k wants this to fail from the start. By having no marketing at all to any of the major gamesites....very few people outside of the sports forums know its coming out.

The people they need to market it to isnt us, its the ones that dont know its coming.

There is not 1 marketing decsion so far that can be justified.... Not cost, not marketability, not release date, not missing features.....nothing.

The only thing that can be justified from anyone from any marketing standpoint whatsoever, is that they either A) know the product will fail....or B) Just dont give a damn.
I honestly don't know if its 2K. Right now, I think that the new board and the stockholders of T2 see 2K Sports as a stain in the portfolio. I'm sure 2k Sports took out quite a large loan for the MLB contract, yet overall the 2K sports line hasn't paid off for T2 according to quarterly reports. But I think T2 once viewed 2K Sports as a long-term investment, but now the absolute CRAP that repeated Rockstar Studios idiocy has caused has hurt them to the point where they may be looking to bail on several "underperforming" studios.

I can't see the Visual Concepts folks being happy with the amount of "nothing" that's been marketed for both "The Biggs" and APF2K8. I have a bad feeling that T2 is holding the purse-strings on the marketing.

As I look at other games in the line- I don't see a whole heckuva lot being done to push 2K Games' "The Darkness" either, which seems to be getting good reviews.

What I hope we are not seeing is the early stages of 2K's board and stockholders cutting studios other than the Rockstar studios, which they view as their salvation late this year with GTA IV.

The irony is that Rockstar is what keeps putting them in this mess, so its a darn shame that the other studios (2K Games, 2K Sports..) seem to be the ones suffering.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that 2K sports studios will be owned by UbiSoft, Activision, or EA in 12 months.

..and perhaps MS might be a dark-horse pick for a buyer, but that would stink for the PS3 folks.

So hopefully, if it happens- its UbiSoft or Activision.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

We'll get the info starting next week. They just finished the game. For some that is going to be hard to believe and you will deny it but I'm saying what I know. The Bigs will be out on Monday so I'd say next week will be Big for 2k Football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »