Home

Now is the time

This is a discussion on Now is the time within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 05:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Now is the time

i don't think take two has much faith in this game, or maybe something is going on behind the scenes. either way i think they really need to show some gameplay vids as well.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #10

OVR: 34

Now is not the time. 2 months ago was. It's probably too late to expect a campaign of online videos to do much now but hype up the hardcore. I don't even think anything online is going to reach the casual anyway.

The 2K marketing team blew the promotion of All-Pro Football 2K8. The Madden team has a weekly blog up, highlighting their new features and improved gameplay. NCAA has had IGN all over it.

Greg Thomas said that there was going to be a lot of things going on leading up to the launch date. Now, I know once some videos do hit, it'll be exciting, but their decision to keep things hush-hush has been very odd to say the least.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
They are probably waiting for 11:59 pm on Friday
that is funny man , i have been saying the EXACT same thing to everyone for the past 2 days :y4:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Now is not the time. 2 months ago was. It's probably too late to expect a campaign of online videos to do much now but hype up the hardcore. I don't even think anything online is going to reach the casual anyway.

The 2K marketing team blew the promotion of All-Pro Football 2K8. The Madden team has a weekly blog up, highlighting their new features and improved gameplay. NCAA has had IGN all over it.

Greg Thomas said that there was going to be a lot of things going on leading up to the launch date. Now, I know once some videos do hit, it'll be exciting, but their decision to keep things hush-hush has been very odd to say the least.
It all goes back to bad marketing and mis-caculations. As I said in my post, they were the buzz of the industry and just blew that buzz.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta07
that is funny man , i have been saying the EXACT same thing to everyone for the past 2 days :y4:
Heh, sad thing it's probably true, let's hope they can prove us wrong though
Old 06-21-2007, 05:31 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
The football fridays thing is just not a good reason to hold stuff at this point. You know who remembers football fridays? Us, the people who played 2K5 and visit places like this.

Guess what we're buying this game already.

The people who need to see the videos are not us. The frequent visitors to Gametrailers, GS or IGN. Hell Game trailers is far more relevant then any of the review sites at this point.

I mean I selfishly want to see them, but the casual gamer who visits game trailers is the person I would want to see movies, well if I was interested in selling a game anyway.

Just my 2 cents
You are right, we most likely are buying this game already.. but it would be nice to know what we're buying. It's like this - You see two products next to each other, same item. One, is a different brand and is advertised every other day! The other, is barely if at all advertised, but it says on the box that it is the best one yet.. what do you pick?

It seems 2k is " the other " .. we've gotten a little bit of info, but we haven't really seen anything in action yet, but something really is going on. Even with the most horrible marketing, 2k would have had some stuff out by now, we know they aren't dumb
Old 06-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
It all goes back to bad marketing and mis-caculations. As I said in my post, they were the buzz of the industry and just blew that buzz.
How is it blown when people are making a new post every 5 minutes crying about the lack on new info? I hate it too, but it is what it is. People are going to end up having to spend that $60.00 on ulcer medication lol

Here is what we have control over: We check the web to see if there is any new info. That's it. The rest is out of our hands. No new info today. Check back tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

VC is really handling this game poorly. Not a good way to see if this game will take.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »