Home

Is APF going to run at 60fps?

This is a discussion on Is APF going to run at 60fps? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #9
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Is APF going to run at 60fps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Each still is considered a frame. Each still (or frame) in motion creates the illusion of motion. Frames per second is the unit that measures this. The more frames per second, the smoother the motion appears.

Technically, when a developer mentions their target fps they really are talking about the average frame per second number and not a steady, constant value. Which means at different points in a game the fps can jump up to 100 or more and sometimes dip below, while the average number is all they are targeting for.

Think of those flip books that kids sometimes have.
Exactly what he said. Word.for.word.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:16 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

when was it confirmed that it was 60 fps??
Old 06-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #11
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Somebody that played the game a long time ago said that it would be, but the trailer that I saw says different. Of course, that could just be the way the video was captured and it could be poor, but I wouldn't doubt if it really didn't end up being 60 FPS.

But that is one of the key determining factors for a person like me to get one of these new-age games. It really does look ugly when running at 30 FPS in high-definition. Just play Madden 07.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Somebody that played the game a long time ago said that it would be, but the trailer that I saw says different. Of course, that could just be the way the video was captured and it could be poor, but I wouldn't doubt if it really didn't end up being 60 FPS.

But that is one of the key determining factors for a person like me to get one of these new-age games. It really does look ugly when running at 30 FPS in high-definition. Just play Madden 07.
Do you even own a system to play any of the games on? Anyway, that trailer was a mix of old and older builds so I wouldn't base any opinion of slowdown on that.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-22-2007, 12:49 AM   #13
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Do you even own a system to play any of the games on?
My roommate next year should be having one. Well, he has one... he's not sure if he'll bring it, though.

Quote:
Anyway, that trailer was a mix of old and older builds so I wouldn't base any opinion of slowdown on that.
That's true, I didn't consider that.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-22-2007, 01:20 AM   #14
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

60 FPS is definitely an advantage. I know that it may be on different generations of hardware, but going from Forza Motorsport to Forza 2 was a night and day difference from my standpoint, the game just ran a whole lot smoother and responsive...which SHOULD happen if 2K programmed this game ideally to fit within a constant 60 frames per second. Other games have made sacrifices to run at 60 fps...take NCAA Football 08, which, according to an IGN article, had to nix helmet reflections this year, among other graphical details, for the game to run at a smooth 60. With the graphics engine for All-Pro not being as flashy or polished as Madden's is, I'm wondering if a constant 60 will be a reality. Again, it all depends on the developers and what stance they took in the programming and design phases.

Anyway, didn't ESPN NFL 2K5 run at 60 fps in the first place? I thought I read an article or Q&A way back before that particular game's release where a developer stated that it did run on that specific framerate...anyway, 60 FPS or not, it still was a smooth-running game of football.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:24 AM   #15
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I dunno... I haven't heard that 60fps has been confirmed. If someone can provide a link, that would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 01:26 AM   #16
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Pretty sure 60fps is to expected here. I think Aaron or ZX wouldve said something by now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »