Home

Some Positives to Remember

This is a discussion on Some Positives to Remember within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #17
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Some Positives to Remember

Man, that video makes me giddy and excited all over again. As PO'd as I was about the franchise issue, that makes me forget all about it. If they build on what they were able to do on 2K5, we will definately be in for a treat when it comes to the action on the field. While everything else is either up in the air or debatable, I think steller gameplay is obvious for this title.

It's been quite some time since I played 2K5, but man that game is fast. The speed of the players and the action in that game is just, well.....fast. 2K got me through college on a little 19" tube, I can't wait to play this on HD.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #18
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Man, that video makes me giddy and excited all over again. As PO'd as I was about the franchise issue, that makes me forget all about it. If they build on what they were able to do on 2K5, we will definately be in for a treat when it comes to the action on the field. While everything else is either up in the air or debatable, I think steller gameplay is obvious for this title.

It's been quite some time since I played 2K5, but man that game is fast. The speed of the players and the action in that game is just, well.....fast. 2K got me through college on a little 19" tube, I can't wait to play this on HD.
2K5 did the line perfectly and how a QB was be pressured and having to rely on his drop and his WR to run correct routes Ect. Knowing you can be sacked any given min was a big plus in my book.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #19
fishstick

OVR:

Here are some more benifits online ...

Balanced Variety of Online Competition - I look forward to knowing my team will be competatively balanced againsts anyone elses team online and that every game isn't going to be against the same exact one or two teams.

Mature Crowd - Legends appeal to a more mature crowd as does the gameplay style of the 2K series. Hopefully that translates into fewer annoying big mouthed cheese orientated idiots online.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Seems a lot of us are uptight with the "no news" from 2K and the respective gaming sites covering APF. I figure we remember some things this game will offer.

QB Passing: A new feature that 2K will be implementing is the ability for a QB to throw the ball on his way down. The user will have a choice to, if his QB is on his way down, release a pass or tuck it away.

Reach Tackling: Another excellent feature adding to the already great player interaction will be the ability to reach out and try and grab a runner while tangled up in a block.

Added animations: We saw the Reed route where he stumbles along but continues his path to the ball and makes a great catch. Also take a look at my sig to the left, #81 is baby fresh like Dreft, falling to his knees during a block, only to keep it going and redirect the defender. It's one of my favorite instances in the trailer.

Sideline Interaction: This will probably be more of a presentation thing, but it'll be much welcomed as players will run into sometimes welcoming teamates, or fall into awaiting opponents.

That's just a brief look at some great additions that we all know will be exclusive to APF and will really make the game worth the purchase.
You are great for posting this, it does help give me some of my faith in this game back.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #21
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstick
Here are some more benifits online ...

Balanced Variety of Online Competition - I look forward to knowing my team will be competatively balanced againsts anyone elses team online and that every game isn't going to be against the same exact one or two teams.

Mature Crowd - Legends appeal to a more mature crowd as does the gameplay style of the 2K series. Hopefully that translates into fewer annoying big mouthed cheese orientated idiots online.
These two things are the things that give me hope for not having franchise. Wharton and most know how I feel BUT I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the different combinations to make different teams so not two teams play alike. Only thing I HOPE does not happen is people abusing a certain aspect of the gameplay if it is weak in any area. Kinda like 2K5 weak secondary. I hope every part of the gameplay is excellent and you will hear a totally different tone out of my mouth once that is cleared up.

Till then lets hope for ANYTHING soon. (2K worst marketing team of 08 = CHECK)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2007, 08:38 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Three big positives for defensive play

1) Coverage Shells
2) Defensive Fronts
3) Pre Play D Hot Routes are back - possibly a couple of new ones.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Three big positives for defensive play

1) Coverage Shells
2) Defensive Fronts
3) Pre Play D Hot Routes are back - possibly a couple of new ones.
I hope they don't do the old way of choosing defenses where you pick a defensive linemen set, then the linebackers and then the corners or whatever, I hated that.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I hope they don't do the old way of choosing defenses where you pick a defensive linemen set, then the linebackers and then the corners or whatever, I hated that.
You will still call the plays the same. It's just stuff that you can do at the line that is going to be cool like Fronts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »